Fun Factory Open Houses?

MariahJ

We are considering taking a cruise to Australia/NZ on the Solstice in December when my DD will be 3 1/2. She'll be old enough to go to Fun Factory but she's absolutely terrified of being dropped off in group childcare now. Hopefully that will change in 11 months, but it may not. If she is still terrified of being dropped off, can I go there with her? If so, is it only at certain "open house" times or any time? If I can't do this, I'm very concerned about how I can entertain her for 12 nights.

I can't give advice yet about the fun factory, but wanted to recommend a book that really helped us get past the separation anxiety. It's called The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. It worked in less than a week for us for preschool..... We're still not sure how it will go on the ship, but I'll report back in three weeks.

I can't give advice yet about the fun factory, but wanted to recommend a book that really helped us get past the separation anxiety. It's called The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. It worked in less than a week for us for preschool..... We're still not sure how it will go on the ship, but I'll report back in three weeks.

Thank you! My library has this so I put in a request. I hope it helps.

The summit had an area for kids under 3 that parents could go and play with their child. I don't think that you'll be able to stay with your child as part of the ship mates (3-5 year old) activities.

Hopefully she'll adjust by then so you can have a bit of a break.

Parents are not allowed to stay with the child in the Fun Factory, not for any amount of time. The only time parents can stay is for the infant and toddler program and that's for 45 minutes on certain days--- a 3 year old does not qualify for that program. There's only one open house, and that's on the first day, and it's only for a short time. When we went with our Goddaughter, we were told specifically that if she had a hard time there, we would have to pick her up. Fortunately, she loved the Fun Factory.

Interesting. I called Celebrity and was told without hesitation that I can accompany my non-potty-trained child in at any time, to the same facilities and activities where the kids are dropped off. Still, I don't think I believe that they truly know what they are talking about. I just wish they would say "I don't know" instead of making up an answer.

Archived