Adventure Ocean Aquanaut questions

staceyeileen

We are sailing on Oasis in March with our then 3yo and the grandparents. When we sail he will be 3years old by just a month so he will probably be one of the youngest in AO.

I've read that we will be given a phone when we register with AO in case we need to be contacted - is that correct? Can anyone tell me are these phones the same ones that you can rent on board for $30 (Royal Connect iPhones)? If my parents rented one would we be able to call their phone as well, or just the AO staff? I know we could use it to call house phones and cabins regardless but if it was compatible with the Royal Connect phones that would be an added bonus.

Another concern of mine is the potty situation. My son has been potty-trained for a while now (since 2.5) and VERY rarely has accidents even at night, but he still needs help with his clothes when using our toilet at home. I know the AO staff won't help him. At daycare where they have toddler-size toilets he does it all by himself because he can just lower his pants to his ankles instead of removing them entirely like he has to do to get up on our "big" toilet. So yeah, what size are the toilets?? A mom needs to know these things. :)

Excellent questions, I want to know the answers, too!!! Sorry I can't help. Our son will have only turned 3 3 days before the cruise so he'll be young as well and we have the same toileting situation here!

I would love to hear about the program as well. We will be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas. My son will have just turned 3 prior to the cruise. Assuming he can potty what are the things they do in the club?

I saw a picture from the Radiance (I think?) and the potty looked to be short. Our daughter will be 3 by two weeks when we cruise in May and even though she's tall, using a big potty without a stool doesn't happen.

Oh, thanks! That put my mind at ease a bit.

My son can get on the big potty just fine without a stool, but takes his pants all the way off because once he gets on the potty his legs spread too wide. So it's not so much a height thing, more of a width problem. Then of course he can't figure out which foot goes in which hole when trying to re-dress. We're working on him. :)

Oh, thanks! That put my mind at ease a bit.

My son can get on the big potty just fine without a stool, but takes his pants all the way off because once he gets on the potty his legs spread too wide. So it's not so much a height thing, more of a width problem. Then of course he can't figure out which foot goes in which hole when trying to re-dress. We're working on him. :)

You're a step ahead of us! We are still working on the potty training part. I know DD would love the kids club activities so I would hate for her to miss out.

My son just turned 3 last year when we went. He was definitely the youngest. He said that the toilets were big but that there was a step stool. I received a phone for emergencies, but it was not an iphone. Also my son was much more concerned with playing with the toys and slide that joining in with the activities which became a little bit of a problem. I hope this answers your questions.

Archived