Breakaway, deck 5?

tokidoki

Hi all, would love to sail on an outside cabin on the breakaway, but since the same cat., outside, I usually book, deck 8, I thought of trying deck 5, but what is below, crew cabins or noises machinery. Any guesses or past experience with say the epic. Thanks!

Hi all, would love to sail on an outside cabin on the breakaway, but since the same cat., outside, I usually book, deck 8, I thought of trying deck 5, but what is below, crew cabins or noises machinery. Any guesses or past experience with say the epic. Thanks!

Their really seems to be no precedence for this ?...The Epic does not work as its public decks are 5..6..7 as opposed to Breakaways public decks 678 Ocean. The Epic had no decks below 5...Try hoping for whats above by looking at deck plans and hope for best on what's below.:D

• 3 months later...
I booked our family in the family oceanview on deck five as well. I know it's quiet above us, as we are below the card room. I honestly never have thought to below. I hope it's quiet.

Hi - is your cabin still on Deck 5? I currently have an OV and an inside on Deck 11, but if I switch over to Deck 5, I can get connecting oceanviews. It looks like cabns 5726 / 5728 are in between the speigel tent (to the right of it) and the card room. Do you think it will be noisy there?

Hi - is your cabin still on Deck 5? I currently have an OV and an inside on Deck 11, but if I switch over to Deck 5, I can get connecting oceanviews. It looks like cabns 5726 / 5728 are in between the speigel tent (to the right of it) and the card room. Do you think it will be noisy there?

Hi SissasMomE, We have kept our reservation for deck 5. I have my fingers crossed that it will be quiet down there. Our cabin seems to be in a decent location, as far as I can tell by obsessively pouring over deck plans :D We are under the library/card room and down the hall from the elevators. Since there is not that much in the way of public areas, I think foot traffic will be minimal as well. There hasn't been any discussion really regarding these rooms, so everything is just a guess. Before I discovered Cruise Critic, we had some terrible locations. Now Ive learned to do my homework. Let's see if it pays off!!!

Hi SissasMomE, We have kept our reservation for deck 5. I have my fingers crossed that it will be quiet down there. Our cabin seems to be in a decent location, as far as I can tell by obsessively pouring over deck plans :D We are under the library/card room and down the hall from the elevators. Since there is not that much in the way of public areas, I think foot traffic will be minimal as well. There hasn't been any discussion really regarding these rooms, so everything is just a guess. Before I discovered Cruise Critic, we had some terrible locations. Now Ive learned to do my homework. Let's see if it pays off!!!

Yeah - I've poured over them as well LOL Hopefully it will be ok. I kept them on Deck 5 because the cabins connect, so .... we'll see!

• 2 months later...

How did it go?? You're back from your cruise now, and I'm really curious as to how your cabin worked out as far as noise. Your location under the library/card room seems ideal. Was it? What about the great unknown from below -- any noise bother you? Thanks for any input!

How did it go?? You're back from your cruise now, and I'm really curious as to how your cabin worked out as far as noise. Your location under the library/card room seems ideal. Was it? What about the great unknown from below -- any noise bother you? Thanks for any input!

I'm interested too. We just got comp upgrade from a 1A to a OC on deck 5 because of a price drop. Was wondering about the noise from the Cirque show but we won't be in bed early enough for it to matter.

Archived