Formal Nights

Does anyone know how many formal nights there are on the North Cape Itinerary? It's 12 nights so not sure if it's 1 or 2. Thanks:D

We had two on the Baltic one last year - similar length cruise on Spirit so guess it would be the same. However there wasn't a Captain's cocktail party on the second one although people were invited to dress formally and it was two sittings not open dining. There were perhaps fewer in DJs the second night but there was a good % the first night. I think the two weekers and especially the ex-UK sailings tend to have a bigger DJ turn out because there's no luggage weight limit so at least if you want to dress up twice you don't need to worry about carrying the extra weight.

Does anyone know how many formal nights there are on the North Cape Itinerary? It's 12 nights so not sure if it's 1 or 2. Thanks:D

Hi Tina,

Just to let you know there's likely to be one Gala Dinner with the Captain, and a further formal night without him.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lauren

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have bought DH a DJ from Marks, and I was wondering about how many dresses for me! As Kruzseeka said the advantage of an ex UK sailing is that I can take as much luggage as I want :D

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have bought DH a DJ from Marks, and I was wondering about how many dresses for me! As Kruzseeka said the advantage of an ex UK sailing is that I can take as much luggage as I want :D

Well there's no reason why you shouldn't wear the same one for each formal evening (long, maxi, cocktail type dress - as long as it looks dressy it will fit in fine - even evening style trousers with sparkly tops) but you might want to take two different outfits.(Good excuse! :D )

For other evenings which are smart casual I usually take a few pairs of smart trousers with a mix-and-match selection of tops and perhaps a few dresses. It really is up to personal preferences so take what you feel comfortable with (as much as you like!:D).

Just a note - on our last trip to the Baltic I got chatting to a lady in the queue for registration and she was concerned she'd brought the right combination of clothes because she'd struggled so much getting inside the baggage allowance - and trying to spread the weight evenly between her cases! Now this came about because Thomson had erroneously put the same luggage restrictions on the ex-UK sailing tickets as fly-cruises. I felt sure there was an error on my tickets (partly due the the exchanges we have on here;)) and emailed for confirmation that there was no restriction - which I received - and took with me just in case! But I felt so sorry for this lady as she'd no need to restrict herself at all!

You can in fact take three cases should you wish with the proviso that none exceed 23Kg (for baggage handling reasons). This is especially useful for the northern itineraries as you have to be prepared for quite a range of temperatures. When we went to the North Cape we had windproof jackets, scarves, gloves and hats on - the next day in Tromso we sat in the Botanical Gardens with the temperature a 30 degrees!

Sorry have gone on a bit but I wouldn't like others to fall foul of this luggage issue as it really is a pain trying to pack for two weeks and different weights/types of clothing if your weight allowance is restricted.

Enjoy your cruise :) - it's a fab itinerary and one we'd be doing too if only it was sailing form Harwich as well this year.

Archived