How to handle a husband that is not as excited as you

I guess us women are natural planners. Mines exact words to me are 'babe, you planned this a year ago, oh I forgot, you get excited a year out!'

I'm doubly excited cause there are two cruises for this year instead of one. Australia with mom in April and then Caribbean with him in July for anniversary.

We are part of the minority here, for me (man) I'm the one who is obsesed with planning a vacation, whether it be a cruise or land vacation. My wife who doesn't get excited about anything, other than if we are doing a Disney World Trip or Shore Land Vacation, but a week or so before we go, excepting the night before relating to packing, thats where her excitement shows up and every trip we take she/we have a wonderful time. I'm glad she is the way she is, maybe thats why we always travel together, before children, with children and now without children, just us and no issues to deal with.

I suppose I am one of the few guys on here that gets excited about cruise planning. I am the one who comes to CC, not my wife, and I am the one who does all the research on future cruises and then I run it by my wife to get her input...

Fun stuff.

I suppose I am one of the few guys on here that gets excited about cruise planning. I am the one who comes to CC, not my wife, and I am the one who does all the research on future cruises and then I run it by my wife to get her input...

Fun stuff.

Ditto..... same goes for me. drives her crazy and she wishes I put this amount of effort into other things. But hey, someone has to do it, and she get the advantage of a fantastic trip. :cool:

Kaboochi: I agree completely!! I did a huge family cruise (my 4 and my sister and her 4) neither of the guys wanted anything to do with it until we pulled up to the dock in FL. Then mine picked everything apart (I'll spare you all the details) so I said screw him and went on another 2 girls cruises. Now it's been forever and really wish I could get back into it, the girls cruises I mean......SOOOOOO much more fun and relaxing, while my kids kept the excitment ALIVE for me, DH sucked the life out of the air. Girls cruises are awesome, keep them in mind for next time.

Mine didn't like it when I first brought it up, like I bursted his bubble or something, but clearly he got over it and I did 2 more!! :p

Your DH will either come around or you'll start cruising with BFF's, either way make your own fun, cruising is too amazing to waste time trying to make someone else happy. JMHO!!

Hmm....well, we both plan when, where, ship, etc. For Europe, I do all the research on tour companies and sites, show him my thoughts, and we both decide who we want to use (if anyone), what places to go, etc.

But that's about it. Until about a month before the cruise, neither of us talk about it a lot. 30 days before he starts getting excited....some how weaves it into most discussions. It is a huge annoyance. So, I agree with others, use your roll call or others at home as your outlet. :)

We have had a rough year and a half and have booked Oasis for this Aug. I am beyond thrilled and want to talk about it everyday dh on the other hand could care less. He claims he will get excited when we are on the ship. To me part of the fun is the planning and talking about it. How do you handle a situation like this?l this will also be our first vacation with out kids ever!!

Show him the lacy outfit you just picked up for the cruise.

I do all the planning for our cruises. My DW only looks at the possible excursions. I give her a complete list of what is available and she will mark off what she wants to do. Hopefully she and I will find agreement for each port. Her excitement builds as she begins to layout the clothes she will be taking the week before we leave.

Crookedhalo, are you sure I didn't write your post #14? I could have! Right down to the part about doing the dive trip research, etc! In fact, although my dh liked cruising from our very first one (have taken 30+ now), I used to be afraid to bring it up when I would start wanting to book the next one. Diving actually solved that problem after I talked him into a non-certified dive from the beach at Chankanaab in MX. He later got certified, and he finally realized I WAS going to book a cruise (or 2) every yr. no matter what. Now he goes right along w/it, even though he still doesn't get as excited or interested as I do, nor does he do any of the planning or other logistics. Oh, well!

Archived