Royal Babies nursery on Freedom

Lavani

I am trying to figure out shore excursions and dinners for our March 17 sailing on Freedom of the Seas and it would help a lot if I could get some idea of the hours the royal babies nursery is open. I know when we sailed on Rhapsody it was closed for a chunk of time in the middle of the day usually. If anyone has sailed on Freedom recently and can tell me the hours I would appreciate it. Thanks!

We sailed B2B Freedom in December. I cannot remember exactly but in the evenings they didn't open until 7pm (closed at 1am). They did not open at all on the first night.

On port days I recall they were open from 10 until 5 and lesser hours on sea days.

I'm sure the staff have changed now but we did not put our daughter in the nursery on week 2 because even though our daughter was there to play (having just woken from a nap) more often than not she was strapped in her buggy and sat in front of the TV.

Our daughter will happily run around and amuse herself with the toys or tv with only minimal supervision & being strapped in to the buggy is downright lazy.

On one occasion she was the only child in the nursery and 3 permanent staff couldn't be bothered to engage her!

Not trying to scare you, they had loads of wow cards and positive feedback all over the walls and ours was the sailing after thanksgiving so they were probably exhausted and in 'the nursery is full' mode.

We have used the nurseries on both splendour and liberty and both were exceptional.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We sailed B2B Freedom in December. I cannot remember exactly but in the evenings they didn't open until 7pm (closed at 1am). They did not open at all on the first night.

On port days I recall they were open from 10 until 5 and lesser hours on sea days.

I'm sure the staff have changed now but we did not put our daughter in the nursery on week 2 because even though our daughter was there to play (having just woken from a nap) more often than not she was strapped in her buggy and sat in front of the TV.

Our daughter will happily run around and amuse herself with the toys or tv with only minimal supervision & being strapped in to the buggy is downright lazy.

On one occasion she was the only child in the nursery and 3 permanent staff couldn't be bothered to engage her!

Not trying to scare you, they had loads of wow cards and positive feedback all over the walls and ours was the sailing after thanksgiving so they were probably exhausted and in 'the nursery is full' mode.

We have used the nurseries on both splendour and liberty and both were exceptional.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry to hear your experience was not very good on the Freedom. We had our DD (6 mo. at the time) in the nursery on the Oasis and the staff were always engaged, playing with the children there. I would have said something to guest relations.

Sorry to hear your experience was not very good on the Freedom. We had our DD (6 mo. at the time) in the nursery on the Oasis and the staff were always engaged, playing with the children there. I would have said something to guest relations.

We complained after the first week of our B2B and from other parents reports the service was much better on week 2.

Unfortunately, Mum did not feel comfortable leaving our little one there again after such a poor experience. There is no point using the service, if you can't relax while your baby is in the nursery.

Archived