Booked our first Carnival cruise... getting the feeling we've made a mistake!

bellamour

Having cruised both Royal and Carnival I can tell you Royal is definitly a step above Carnival. We do enjoy Carnival too tho. Can't beat the value and the service and food are great. We have sailed the Dream and really enjoyed the ship. I would say the biggest difference in the 2 lines would be the entertainment. Royal's entertainment is alot better. Also a slightly lower class of people on Carnival.

This is one such post to take "with a grain of salt". We have sailed both lines, found entertainment comparable, food better on Carnival (they bake all desserts/bread on board, RCI does not), and the EXACT SAME demographics on both lines, just a little more snobbery amongst the RCI pax, but for no reason in our opinion. Try CCL, you may like it!

As far as we know, none of the major cruise lines are much noisier than the others. As far as Royal Caribbean is concerned I can provide you with just about any number of threads which relate to noise as I can with the other lines.

Rather than me keying them into a post which might take some time, I would suggest you key this into a google search and press enter:

site:boards.cruisecritic.com noisey

For my search, of the first 10 results Freedom, Brilliance, and Explorer come before Destiny, but that really doesn't mean much, as google may cause results to vary depending on your geographical location. :)

Strikes me funny how the people who make 'those' comments cruise on Carnival, yet assume it's the 'other' Carnival cruisers are the "lower class". :rolleyes:

Find it really insulting when folks label others....I can afford any cruise I want, I choose Carnival because I get along so much better with the 3rd class citizens.....my kinda people lol

Archived