Foam Question?

I remember reading on a board that you can tip the room steward the 1st day and ask for a foam egg crate for your bed- Of course now I can't find the thread except for 1 person who did this on a Princess ship- has anyone else down this? Do they even have the foam on RCCL ships?- We leave in 3 days on the Explorer and I'm trying to finalize all those little details!

Thanks for any info-

I have no idea about the mattress, but there is absolutely no need to tip anyone before they have provided a service for you. If they have the mattress pads available and you ask for one, they should gladly provide it.

We've always been provided great service on every ship we've been on, without cash bribes ahead of time.

We asked for one on the Mariner last year. It was not a problem at all. We thought the mattresses were comfortable enough but we did not like the crack between the two beds. The egg crate helped a lot but it did not go all the way down to the end of the bed. It covered about two thirds of the length.

We ask for it on every sailing and have never had to tip extra for it.

It does make the beds much more comfy and helps with the crack between the put together single beds.

Archived