Long Beach Parking ~ Per Day or Per 24 hr period

QTPieRye

As of today, we are now driving 2 vehicles to the port of Long Beach and parking at the port. Does anyone know if the $15.00 is per day or per 24 hour period. We depart Sunday and come home Saturday. So 6 nights total. Thanks ;)

As of today, we are now driving 2 vehicles to the port of Long Beach and parking at the port. Does anyone know if the $15.00 is per day or per 24 hour period. We depart Sunday and come home Saturday. So 6 nights total. Thanks ;)

It is $15/day x seven days = $105.00

It is so much per hour up to a maximum of $15. The hourly rate is set so that you reach the max if you arrive before the ship departs and if you are the first one off the ship at the end of the cruise.

It is $15/day x seven days = $105.00

It is so much per hour up to a maximum of $15. The hourly rate is set so that you reach the max if you arrive before the ship departs and if you are the first one off the ship at the end of the cruise.

Holy smokes! That's $210.00 for both cars! I am going to check on the price of a shuttle! See you Sunday :)

Holy smokes! That's $210.00 for both cars! I am going to check on the price of a shuttle! See you Sunday :)

I know your from Murrieta, very close to where we are. My thoughts would be, if you're bringing 2 cars (depending on how many people) I'd think about a heotel the night before in Long Beach with a free shutle to the port. I did this when I lived in Irvine, the night before leaving on our wedding cruise. My daughters & I stayed in a hotel & hubby & guys met us @ the Spirit. If you only need one room, it would be cheaper.

Contact Hotel Current, LB.

They include 15 days for one night stay. They might have some program if 4 of you stay in one room. Dunno for sure though.

Lemme say one thing more. We've stayed at the Hotel

Currant, 7 miles from LB and it's great. No problem, gave us a shuttle to LB, a breafast, free sex. Well, the last part is a lie but it's a great clean hotel. As a matter of fact we're booked there on the 18th of this month for a cruise to Hawaii.

I believe the current parking rate is $17 per day. I was on the West Coast departure board a few days ago and saw this info. I am from Murrieta too.

P.S. Just checked Carnival's website and it lists the parking to be $17.

Another thought would be to see what the Hotel Maya offers for park and cruise.

They have a Carnival corp code (0560018220) you could try and see if it would be cheaper to book a room that way.

Might be time to pay a friend to drop you off and pick you up if you live close enough.

I drive friends to the airport for free and it is an hour drive. Maybe you have a friend who could drop you off and pick you up.

Even if you have to rent a van, it still might save you money in the long run

Yeah, parking is now $17 per day in Long Beach.

They will charge you hourly if you go over.

(ie you enter at 9:30 for embark but don't leave until 10am at debark you will be charged the extra time.)

Keep your reciept out. You will need to show it when leaving the port area.

There are no viable options in Long Beach other than the Park & Cruise packages at hotels.

We have been taking public transportation to Long Beach.

Have done it several times and will be doing it again in a few weeks.

Not for the faint of heart nor the heavy packer.

Look for the Metro thread for how-tos.

Long term parking at Union Station downtown is $6/day.

$7 roundtrip per person.

To answer your question (other answers had some great alternative ideas to parking there) - it's $17 per 24 hour period (once you exceed the first 24 hours).

We parked there last week for four days and paid $68 - it was from 12/31 around 3pm until 12/4 at 11am or something (=a 4 day cruise), so it's $17 for a full or partial 24 hour period.

I believe the current parking rate is $17 per day. I was on the West Coast departure board a few days ago and saw this info. I am from Murrieta too.

P.S. Just checked Carnival's website and it lists the parking to be $17.

Oh great, the price has gone up. Oh well, it is still less than half the price of parking in New York.

It has been $17/day for a little over a year now. That is why we take public transportation all or part way to LB.

The last cruise I was on was out of San Pedro in April 2012 and as I recall it was only $15/day then. I haven't paid for parking in Long Beach since August 2008.

The last cruise I was on was out of San Pedro in April 2012 and as I recall it was only $15/day then. I haven't paid for parking in Long Beach since August 2008.

We could look on the bright side.... one less day of parking for those of us sailing on the 1/13 Splendor :) LOL

Archived