Reflection Aqua Suite 2109

kennedyd

Some CS cabins opened up for our sailing ... so even more interested in some photos of this cabin and, particularly, the balcony!

2109 anyone ??? :)

Tom

Nevermind... ditched the "mystery" :rolleyes: cabin for a known entity !!! ;)

Tom

Some CS cabins opened up for our sailing ... so even more interested in some photos of this cabin and, particularly, the balcony!

2109 anyone ??? :)

Tom

I board the ship on 01-Nov. Hopefully I can post a couple pics shortly after that.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk 4 Pro

I board the ship on 01-Nov. Hopefully I can post a couple pics shortly after that.

I'll still be interested (though not from a personal standpoint then) to see pics. Given the "special" nature of this AS cabin, I'm really surprised that nobody has photos of it yet - given how long the Reflection has been out now!!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I'll still be interested (though not from a personal standpoint then) to see pics. Given the "special" nature of this AS cabin, I'm really surprised that nobody has photos of it yet - given how long the Reflection has been out now!!

Tom

I am surprised, too! Especially since the deck plans drew my eye to this cabin immediately when I was shopping for an Aqua Suite! Are those of us on this thread the only ones who actually research our cabin choices so thoroughly? I figured there would be tons of threads about this unusual cabin. Well, I think once all of us start hitting our cruise dates, more pictures will suddenly become available! In he meantime, I hope we all have stumbled upon the "best kept Aqua Suite secret!"

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I am surprised, too! Especially since the deck plans drew my eye to this cabin immediately when I was shopping for an Aqua Suite! Are those of us on this thread the only ones who actually research our cabin choices so thoroughly? I figured there would be tons of threads about this unusual cabin. Well, I think once all of us start hitting our cruise dates, more pictures will suddenly become available! In he meantime, I hope we all have stumbled upon the "best kept Aqua Suite secret!"

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Agreed! :-D

• 2 months later...
Looks like we're STILL in the dark!

Perhaps I'll just have to go knock on 2109's door next week...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I was there before,everything looks the same except the Balcony is just a little bigger,As I said before,there was noise between the wall during rough sea.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I will not be able to report on this cabin next week. My husband changed jobs this year, and we were not sure if he would be able to be off for the cruise dates, so I decided to cancel while no penalty. :(

However, he is now settled, and we are free to make plans again. I have become so intrigued with this cabin, that I went ahead and booked it for the cruise I booked yesterday, for March 2015! Now that's a long wait! But, we have a land trip to Nevis planned for January, so not so bad. Now, just a whole year of work, work, work before our lovely vacations.

Still no photos, I see. I know, as iSailor so helpfully pointed out, all cabins of a certain category will look the same inside. I am particularly interested in balcony views and comments on the location. I am a spa lizard, so being forward beside the spa will be a plus for me, although I have never been so far forward before. I look forward to just walking next door for a treatment or the Persian Gardens, rather than hoofing it down miles and miles of hallway, especially if I'm running late!

Looks like we're STILL in the dark!

Perhaps I'll just have to go knock on 2109's door next week...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Never made it to that cabin... I thought about it as we left our cabin on debarkation morning, and was in "get off the ship" mode! :(

Tom

Sorry that I took so long to respond regarding this cabin. I was on the westbound transatlantic in Nov 2013 for 15 days. This was a great cabin. I had no complaints for any aspect of this cabin. I do have some pictures that I will post in a separate response. I can attest to what iSailor commented on regarding noise. We had one day of rocky seas traveling between St. Maarten and Miami. Only on that day did we hear some creaking in the walls. Like I said, I will post some pics soon enough.

Edited by vulcan1971

• 5 months later...
I was on the westbound transatlantic in Nov 2013 for 15 days. This was a great cabin. I had no complaints for any aspect of this cabin. I do have some pictures that I will post in a separate response. I can attest to what iSailor commented on regarding noise. We had one day of rocky seas traveling between St. Maarten and Miami. Only on that day did we hear some creaking in the walls. Like I said, I will post some pics soon enough.

Hello,

As you've sailed in this cabin, I'm hoping you may be able to give me a little more information.

I'm looking to book 2108 on the starboard side of the ship, which I'm assuming will be more or less identical to 2109. I've found a close-up photograph showing the balcony area .

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=241&pid=7990#top_display_media

There appears to be some kind of equipment attached to the ceiling of the balcony of 2108.

I'm wondering if there was a similar situation on the balcony of 2109 and if you know what this equipment might be?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Hello,

As you've sailed in this cabin, I'm hoping you may be able to give me a little more information.

I'm looking to book 2108 on the starboard side of the ship, which I'm assuming will be more or less identical to 2109. I've found a close-up photograph showing the balcony area .

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=241&pid=7990#top_display_media

There appears to be some kind of equipment attached to the ceiling of the balcony of 2108.

I'm wondering if there was a similar situation on the balcony of 2109 and if you know what this equipment might be?

Any information would be gratefully received.

For some reason, I cannot remember if I actually took pics of the balcony. However, in taking other photos while on the trip, I came across these two pics that probably answer your questions.

zy7y3y7u.jpg

Looking up from the dock during a port stop, you can see that there is no equipment.

pudupyny.jpg

Snapping a pic of another ship as it comes into port. I don't see or recall anything obstructing my ability to see the views from the balcony.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

• 5 months later...
For some reason, I cannot remember if I actually took pics of the balcony. However, in taking other photos while on the trip, I came across these two pics that probably answer your questions.

zy7y3y7u.jpg

Looking up from the dock during a port stop, you can see that there is no equipment.

pudupyny.jpg

Snapping a pic of another ship as it comes into port. I don't see or recall anything obstructing my ability to see the views from the balcony.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

No pics of the balcony itself?

No pics of the balcony itself?

It's a large angle balcony complete with two chairs that recline, two footstools, and a large round table that you can use to have meals served on by your butler.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

It's a large angle balcony complete with two chairs that recline, two footstools, and a large round table that you can use to have meals served on by your butler.

Thanks...would you say it's "meaningfully" larger than the standard sky/aqua suite balconies?

I am considering the same room on the other side (2108) vs a standard sky suite 10 doors down (2118).

Would you always pick this angled position over the other middle one between the humps?

Thanks...would you say it's "meaningfully" larger than the standard sky/aqua suite balconies?

I am considering the same room on the other side (2108) vs a standard sky suite 10 doors down (2118).

Would you always pick this angled position over the other middle one between the humps?

Not sure when you're planning to take your cruise. If before April 2015, stateroom 2109 is an Aqua Suite and stateroom 2108 is a Sky Suite. After April 2015, stateroom 2109 changes from an Aqua Suite to a Sky Suite. Still a desirable room to have. Both suites are identical in layout along with the larger angle balcony, which is definitely worth getting. These layouts are unique to the Reflection. You won't find something like this anywhere else on the ship. There are no equivalent locations mid-ship for a suite with an angled balcony on deck 12.

Not sure when you're planning to take your cruise. If before April 2015, stateroom 2109 is an Aqua Suite and stateroom 2108 is a Sky Suite. After April 2015, stateroom 2109 changes from an Aqua Suite to a Sky Suite. Still a desirable room to have. Both suites are identical in layout along with the larger angle balcony, which is definitely worth getting. These layouts are unique to the Reflection. You won't find something like this anywhere else on the ship. There are no equivalent locations mid-ship for a suite with an angled balcony on deck 12.

Got it...sounds like I should keep this cabin...my docs say 2108 and category is S1. Cruise is this Feb.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Vulcan1971! We had to cancel our cruise last year and rebooked with same cabin, 2109, this year, coming up March 7! Everything about it appeals to me. Location - right beside Persian Garden and foreword stairs/elevators. Overhang - 100% balcony enjoyment, rain or shine. I'm pushing 50, not going to spend the day roasting in the sun. Hop, skip, and a jump to the solarium, my #1 public area hangout. Oversized balcony to accommodate us the majority of our relaxation time. Not into crowds or group activities.

Got my luggage tags last week! Getting excited!

Thank you, Vulcan1971! We had to cancel our cruise last year and rebooked with same cabin, 2109, this year, coming up March 7! Everything about it appeals to me. Location - right beside Persian Garden and foreword stairs/elevators. Overhang - 100% balcony enjoyment, rain or shine. I'm pushing 50, not going to spend the day roasting in the sun. Hop, skip, and a jump to the solarium, my #1 public area hangout. Oversized balcony to accommodate us the majority of our relaxation time. Not into crowds or group activities.

Got my luggage tags last week! Getting excited!

You are most welcome. ;)

This room, in my opinion, is probably one of the best staterooms I've had in all of my cruises. Location is awesome, the butler is great. The butler we had also provided service to the signature suites and reflection suite on deck 14. Although you are close to the spa and the forward elevator and stairwell, the flow of traffic is quite minimal and noise was never an issue in the stateroom.

I'm really sad to see the concept of aqua suites being discontinued. Sometime in April, the aqua suite will become a sky suite. Enjoy, and have a great cruise! :)

Edited by vulcan1971

That photo is of a Sky Suite, not for an Aqua Suite.

Further, I don't believe the couch pulls out into a bed in Aqua class rooms. That may change when these staterooms transition over to S1 category Sky Suites in April 2015.

Edited by vulcan1971