Splendor of the Sea

Has anyone been on Splendor of the Sea since she started sailing out of Galveston? How is she compared to the Rhapsody? Would appreciate any other info you might have on her. Thanks.

I have cruised on both the Rhapsody and Splendor...loved them both! The decor of the Rhapsody was a musical theme and the Splendor was more of an art theme. When we boarded each ship they each had there own "WOW" factor. I will be cruising on the Rhapsody with two other couples in November and on the Splendor with my son, daughter-in-law, her mother and two grandsons (4 & 2 1/2 at time of cruising). We will be in adjoining rooms. I look forward to sailing on both ships again.:p

I have sailed on both the Splendour & Rhapsody also. Both ships are beautiful in her own way. Th Rhapsody seemd a little more classy to me and open, where the splendour has a little more closed in feeling. This could be from the Rhapsody being a little larger ship! Rhapsody in my opinion flows a little better in the public areas. The splendour also made a lot more creaking noise with the movement of the sea than Rhapsody. Would I sail one over the other? Yes the Rhapsody is my favorite.

DweedleDee,

We cruised on the Splendor out of Galveston Nov 03. I loved the ship, of course I love all of them. Are you doing the Panama Canal cruise? There are some really good ports on this one, especially Costa Rica and Belize. I haven't cruised on the Rhapsody.

The Galvez hotel near the port at Galveston was very impressive, if you are looking to overnight there.

Emily of Samemily

I loved Rhapsody. I have noted that she is "rated" a half star better than Splendour (I think on vacay-2-go or maybe even here on CC?). I'll let you know the results of my comparison after our holiday cruise!

Archived