Splendor - CCL Official Letter with itinerary change

QTPieRye

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

JANUARY 13, 2013

January 11, 2013

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise on Sunday, which is why we want to provide you with some important information regarding the arrival of the Carnival Splendor.

On the previous cruise, the Carnival Splendor required necessary repairs on the seals of the ship's propulsion shafts as a result of damage caused by underwater fishing nets. All other shipboard systems and hotel services continue to function as normal.

Unfortunately, the repairs are taking longer than expected and the ship will need to remain in Puerto Vallarta until this afternoon. I am sorry to say that our plans now call for the ship's arrival into Long Beach to be delayed until Monday morning (to be confirmed later this afternoon). If our plans proceed as expected, our scheduled 6-day cruise will be shortened to a 5-day cruise, with two full day visits to Cabo San Lucas (eliminating the call to Puerto Vallarta).

Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled for Monday, January 14, 2013, from 12:30PM to 3:30PM, and sailing is set for 4:30PM.

Below is the revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

MON Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA 4:30 PM

TUE Fun Day @ Sea

WED Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 9:30 AM 6:00 PM

THU Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 8:00 AM 2:00 PM

FRI Fun Day @ Sea

SAT Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA 9:00 AM

We know how much you were looking forward to this vacation and sincerely apologize for this disruption to your cruise. We kindly ask you consider the following options:

Sail with us and receive a:

• One-day pro-rated refund of your cruise fare (refunded within the next 2 weeks)

• $50 per person on board credit

• Refund of the difference in government fees and taxes, if applicable

• Gratuity adjustment to reflect the shortened voyage

• Refund for shore excursions purchased for Puerto Vallarta

We realize this is an unexpected change in your travel plans and certainly hope you still cruise with us. However, should you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL to request a refund or select another date for your cruise.

We will provide you with an update on our arrival plans by 7:30PM EST. Once we have a definitive arrival time, guests who purchased flights with Carnival's FlyAweigh program will automatically have their flights adjusted. Guests with independent flight arrangements should not make any changes to your travel plans until our next update. However, should you incur any fees for air changes, you will be reimbursed up to $200 per person (please email receipts to guestcare@carnival.com).

Once again, we're very sorry for this change and truly regret the disruption to your vacation plans. Most importantly, we are looking forward to having you sail with us aboard the beautiful Carnival Splendor.

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as it is not monitored.

I have kept quiet and just been reading, as I to am on the 1/13/2013 6 night cruise on splendor. I don't like reading all the speculations so I made the phone calls myself. I too recieved the email about the itinerary change and options to refund. I called the tour agency I booked thru in P.V. to cancel my tour and get my refund when they told me their office overlooks where the Splendor is currently parked and that they had just recieved an email from carnival stating the itinerary/cruise change for our cruise on 1/13/2013 as well as a second email stating there is a possibility they may cancel our cruise altogether. I am flying in to Long beach so I already acted quickly and added a night onto my hotel. We were arriving tomorrow night...so I booked the hotel now for 2 nights with the possibility of us still departing now on Monday. However, in the mean time I'm planning an option B, since this itinerary change and possible cancel is 50/50. The odds are not lookin to good. I called and spoke to someone at carnival who assured me they are there 24/7 to help and answer questions but they will not be releasing further information to anyone until 7:30pm est , for me on the west coast that will be 4:30pm. What they are offering if we still cruise i think is fair.....but I'm not happy about having to wait 2 weeks for any sort of refund for days not sailed as well as gov. fees and taxes to be reimburssed. Also I'd like to mention that this is my first EVER carnival cruise...we have always sailed Disney and NCL...and I am not impressed.

I'm not sure where they are planning on docking, I don't think there are two ports at where carnival normally docks in Long Beach and the Inspiration has the dock on Monday

Obviously, there must be some plan in progress, no matter where the dock is;)

One of the two ships will have to dock in San Pedro. The Long Beach port can only handle one ship.

LAharborarea.jpg

LB-SP.jpg

These are old pictures, so the reference to the ships is wrong. However, the ports are still in the same place.

I have kept quiet and just been reading, as I to am on the 1/13/2013 6 night cruise on splendor. I don't like reading all the speculations so I made the phone calls myself. I too recieved the email about the itinerary change and options to refund. I called the tour agency I booked thru in P.V. to cancel my tour and get my refund when they told me their office overlooks where the Splendor is currently parked and that they had just recieved an email from carnival stating the itinerary/cruise change for our cruise on 1/13/2013 as well as a second email stating there is a possibility they may cancel our cruise altogether. I am flying in to Long beach so I already acted quickly and added a night onto my hotel. We were arriving tomorrow night...so I booked the hotel now for 2 nights with the possibility of us still departing now on Monday. However, in the mean time I'm planning an option B, since this itinerary change and possible cancel is 50/50. The odds are not lookin to good. I called and spoke to someone at carnival who assured me they are there 24/7 to help and answer questions but they will not be releasing further information to anyone until 7:30pm est , for me on the west coast that will be 4:30pm. What they are offering if we still cruise i think is fair.....but I'm not happy about having to wait 2 weeks for any sort of refund for days not sailed as well as gov. fees and taxes to be reimburssed. Also I'd like to mention that this is my first EVER carnival cruise...we have always sailed Disney and NCL...and I am not impressed.

I too am on this cruise and have been doing all the reading and speculating. From what tour guide told you, it sounds like they are preparing PV for a cancel of the 1/13/2013 cruise and a wave of passengers to disembark and be flown back to CA. I'm betting that at 430p we will get a cancel notice, at which time I'll book a last minute deal to Hawaii I'm eying on Orbitz.

I too am on this cruise and have been doing all the reading and speculating. From what tour guide told you, it sounds like they are preparing PV for a cancel of the 1/13/2013 cruise and a wave of passengers to disembark and be flown back to CA. I'm betting that at 430p we will get a cancel notice, at which time I'll book a last minute deal to Hawaii I'm eying on Orbitz.

If some passengers don't have passports (and some don't) they can't fly them back to the states. It would be a long bus ride from PV.

The "cancellation" might have referred to CCL cancelling the port stop in PV. We won't know much until later today.

The "cancellation" might have referred to CCL cancelling the port stop in PV. We won't know much until later today.

They've actually already done that.... we've already received the letter from CCL.

They've shortened our 1/13 cruise and cancellation of the P.V. port. It is now scheduled to be a 5 day cruise to with back to back days in Cabo :)

They've actually already done that.... we've already received the letter from CCL.

They've shortened our 1/13 cruise and cancellation of the P.V. port. It is now scheduled to be a 5 day cruise to with back to back days in Cabo :)

The days are not back to back. They are back to front. To be back to back the end of the second day would have to start as soon as the end of the first day ended.

I just got off the phone with Carnival after 30 minutes and there is no other cruise they will replace our Jan 13th cruise if it is cancelled. The closest cruise we could find was the Miracle's 7 day Mexican Riveria cruise on March 31st and April 7th. Being spring break and the prices higher due to demand they want almost double what we paid for our Splendor cruise if we rebook on the Miracle. They will not price-match any cruise for the January 13th sailing if it cancels.

Looks like if the Splendor does not Cruise on Monday we will be out of luck! We booked this cruise last February and have been dreaming of this for almost a year.

Also--- 2 years ago we were booked on the Splendor for Jan 2011 and we were canceled due to the Fire in November. They gave us a 25 per cent coupon off our next cruise and we rebooked for the Carnival Spirit.

Do you think they will offer us Discounts on future cruises if the cancel the January 13th Cruise?

I just got off the phone with Carnival after 30 minutes and there is no other cruise they will replace our Jan 13th cruise if it is cancelled. The closest cruise we could find was the Miracle's 7 day Mexican Riveria cruise on March 31st and April 7th. Being spring break and the prices higher due to demand they want almost double what we paid for our Splendor cruise if we rebook on the Miracle. They will not price-match any cruise for the January 13th sailing if it cancels.

Looks like if the Splendor does not Cruise on Monday we will be out of luck! We booked this cruise last February and have been dreaming of this for almost a year.

Also--- 2 years ago we were booked on the Splendor for Jan 2011 and we were canceled due to the Fire in November. They gave us a 25 per cent coupon off our next cruise and we rebooked for the Carnival Spirit.

Do you think they will offer us Discounts on future cruises if the cancel the January 13th Cruise?

My crystal ball says yes.

Seems that if you got a discount coupon due to a cruise cancellation once, then there's reason to hope that CCL will do it again. I think it's pretty crummy that they wouldn't give you a new cruise booking straight across without charging you more. Poor form, IMO.

Sorry to hear your cruise is already now a day shorter at best, but maybe you can enjoy that day in the Long Beach area. CCL (apparently, as I saw posted somewhere on these boards today...) has offered $$ for extra night in hotel ($200 per cabin) plus meals ($15 lunch, $25 dinner pp). I hope you get it all and can enjoy your vacation! And your cruise! And all the repairs are made well so none of us have to be concerned with our upcoming cruises! m--

So sorry to the splendor cruisers. My first cruise was in Jan 2006 on the victory and we had 5 sea days in a row due to bad weather and one stop in Jamaica. Was awful. Since the I've done two cruises they went well. Well I'm booked on the glory and we just got the carnival switcheroo and got shaftes with Belize. As much as I love cruising, 2 of my 4 cruises have gotten messed up, I still will cruise because I guess it's a gamble and u never know where u will go!

The days are not back to back. They are back to front. To be back to back the end of the second day would have to start as soon as the end of the first day ended.

LMAO... can't wait to meet you on Monday and have that DOD!!!

Archived