Using Carnival Gift Card to purchase Cheers??

randyanne28

What if you use a credit card for your S & S, how do you apply the new gift certificates to it then?

When you give Carnival your gift certificates, it becomes a credit to your S&S, just like an On-Board Credit, so it will offset any charges you make prior to getting any credit card charges. For example: if you have a gift certificate of $200 and purchases of $300 than you will have a balance of $100 charged to your credit card.

:confused:What if you don't need to use all of the money applied from the gift card onto your S&S card? Can you get cash back? If so....will you get it back on the ship or will CCL have to mail a check to you...or will that reimbursement be placed on another gift card you can only use on a CCL cruise?

I really would like some more info concerning the gift cards. Exactly how they work and if you don't use all the money you put on the gift cards....how can you get the money back.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead! I just had a couple of questions.

Has anyone used gift cards when purchasing Cheers? I want to avoid the large hold on my debit card and I am wondering if purchasing the gift card is the way to go. This is also a way that I could "pre" purchase gratuities and Cheers. Does anyone have experience with this?

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead! I just had a couple of questions.

Has anyone used gift cards when purchasing Cheers? I want to avoid the large hold on my debit card and I am wondering if purchasing the gift card is the way to go. This is also a way that I could "pre" purchase gratuities and Cheers. Does anyone have experience with this?

When you book you are given the option to prepay gratuitues... but you cant buy the Cheer program until you board. :)

When you book you are given the option to prepay gratuitues... but you cant buy the Cheer program until you board. :)

Oh I know that. What i mean is buy a card to basically put the money away for Cheer's. Basically stop my bank account from teasing me with more money than I think I have.

Oh I know that. What i mean is buy a card to basically put the money away for Cheer's. Basically stop my bank account from teasing me with more money than I think I have.

I buy gift cards

Then go to guest services to apply then to my account when I board ( if the kiosks aren't up yet )

THEN go purchase Cheers.

Voila !!

Yes, you can do it exactly how you are proposing