Back Pack/Cooler Carry-on

crystalies

Hi Guys!

I'm sailing on the Carnival Paradise Feb 9th and I have a questions about the cooler restrictions.

I have a rolling backpack that I use all the time for trips to the beach and stuff, I was hoping to use it as my carry on for the cruise. However it is lined like a cooler. I measured the dimensions and its 13x9x16, and I know Carnival has cooler restrictions.

Is this a no go?

Thanks!

Hi Guys!

I'm sailing on the Carnival Paradise Feb 9th and I have a questions about the cooler restrictions.

I have a rolling backpack that I use all the time for trips to the beach and stuff, I was hoping to use it as my carry on for the cruise. However it is lined like a cooler. I measured the dimensions and its 13x9x16, and I know Carnival has cooler restrictions.

Is this a no go?

Thanks!

Our rolling cooler was confiscated on our last cruise June. About the same size as yours and it was lined. I would not take it...

Our rolling cooler was confiscated on our last cruise June. About the same size as yours and it was lined. I would not take it...

That's what I was afraid of, I love mine and I would be really upset if I lost it. Did you get your back?

Maybe I'll call and ask.

I dont know what carnivals size restrictions are but make sure it is not over. We were on the pride last november and my brother in law had a soft sided cooler that was about 1 inch over size and they made him bring it back to the car. it was full with water so they gave him a big plastic back to carry his water on . we looked like a bunch of hillbillys lol

Here's the official word from Carnival's website:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”W x 12”L for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.

OP's cooler is too large and it would have a good chance of being confiscated.

I honestly don't think they really want passengers bringing soda on board and it will probably be the next thing to go. 2 years ago when we sailed out of Mobile my parents soft sided cooler was confiscated (told it would not fit through the scanner) but mine was not (mine did not look like a traditional soft sided cooler). Their size was within the restrictions. After going through security I saw someone with one of those huge "metal" suitcases that made it through security. Kinda pissed me off.....but my parents did get their cooler back at the end of the cruise.

i bring a round soft sided cooler that fold down to about a inch thick that i bring in my suit case. Then i bring my soda in a rolling suitcase as a carry on. then at the end of the cruise i have a empty suitcase to bring souvenirs and other knick knacks home with us

I have read on here about a woman who has a beach bag that is lined like your backpack. it was confiscated as that "cooler" was too large even though she wasn't using it as a cooler. she tried to argue her case but lost the argument.

if it is lined like a cooler, they could potentially say no to it.

you know CCL, good to go today, no tomorrow. never know. depends on who and when and their feelings or interpretations lol.

Archived