Crown Princess weekend Sampler

chirpy007

Hi we have done this short cruise twice on the Grand. There is a different atmosphere to a longer cruise, yes there are groups of women and men but we have never had a problem with the behaviour. Just people having a good time. We are doing it again this year!

Liz

We did a 3 nighter on the Grand last September to St Peter Port and Le Havre. I didn't notice any particular groups of people behaving badly, although we didn't sit around the pool, which is somewhere that the younger folks tend to be (the youngsters don't feel the cold like I do!).

It was a nice relaxing cruise. I have heard of some short ones being more geared towards "rowdy groups", but this wasn't my experience on this cruise.

Happy cruising!

If you've never been, Sark is a lovely island to visit (they offer a trip from Guernsey).

I apologise in advance if you already know this, but Sark has no cars (except one for when the Queen visits apparently!), and getting around is by horse and cart, bicycle or on foot. The roads are dirt tracks, and its just like stepping back in time.

There is a "bridge" that crosses to Little Sark (you can push your bike over but the horses can't go), and a wonderful restaurant. We "parked" our bikes in the hedge, and walked into a lovely garden where we sat outside in the sun and ordered afternoon tea (scones with jam and Jersey cream - very yummy!). The waiter brought it out wearing a dinner suit and bow tie, and we were treated to silver service while in our shorts and t shirts! Bizarre but brilliant!

Our friends did the trip through the ship, and it was a very early start to get the ferry to Sark from St Peter Port (a lot of people incorrectly call it St Peters Port - but there is no "s"), but they were back early afternoon, so still had time to look around the main town. Be aware that if you are getting to Guernsey on a Sunday, most shops in town are closed on Sundays, although I'm aware that the island is currently reviewing this and it may change.

Glad you've decided to book it and hope you have a fantastic time. The only trouble will be that its not long enough and you'll want another longer cruise!

Archived