Disappointed in Hotel Service in NO

wkngmomof2

I have been trying to decide what hotel to stay at in New Orleans when we cruise again in September. I was very interested in the Maison St. Charles, but was treated very rudely when I called to arrange our stay. To be honest, I have no desire to take a taxi to the cruise terminal in New Orleans - no offense meant to anyone but the last taxi ride there scared the bejesus out of me. When I asked if they offered a shuttle and stated that it would be a deal breaker, the woman laughed, said good luck, and hung up on me. Not what I expected.

I Do business with about half of the hotels in NOLA. If you call back and ask for the General ManagerM (may be best to wait till Monday AM as GMs generally do not work on Sunday). Every GM I know would love to know that a "customer service person" acted this way. You should also tell them that you have posted this on CC and that the community is waiting to hear how he responds.

Right now is a weird time for hotels in NOLA and they are getting ready for the Super Bowl that falls just 9 days from Mardi Gras. I have seen $150 rooms selling for $2100 for Super Bowl and $1000 for Mardi Gras.

I just spoke with the GM at the hotel. While she cannot offer a shuttle or a car to the terminal, she did apologize for the treatment that I received this weekend. Hopefully this will prevent any future patrons from having the same experience.

Thanks!

I think some of the hotels that have the cruise and park have shuttles but that would be Holiday inn or Marriott (maybe others). I may be wrong since I went with Hilton and didn't look into it in depth. One option could be to stay at the fulton place garage and walk to Hilton riverside for your stay. Then walk back to the garage and take the shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Archived