Formal Night on Carnival Freedom

papaoma

We are on Freedom next Sunday and wondering about Formal night. This is a six day cruise and wondered if there is a formal night and what night it might be? What is the "normal" for men and women or is the dress all over the map?

We're booked for the Feb 3rd sailing of the Freedom on a six day cruise. Our PVP told us that there are 2 Elegant nights. The second day and the second to last day. I bring a sport coat and a tie along, and use that on formal nights. DW always brings a couple of nice outfits for these nights too. Not too many tuxes for men anymore. I just think the whole point of 'elegant' night is to get you to pose for pictures; no one really cares about dressing up for dinner anymore.

2 elegant nights on the 6 day. The 2nd night and I think the other one was the 5th night. Dress will pretty much be all over the place. You will see everything from suits all the way down to no attempt to dress up at all.

Edited by Frank12

Sometimes DH and I go all out...tux for him, formal dress for me (only because we have the stuff, and not much chance to wear it otherwise!), more often than not, long sleeve dress shirt for him, nice dress or skirt, or even pantsuit, for me. Pretty much anything goes anymore! Hope you write a review on the Freedom, we're going on her in late April!

• 11 months later...