Allure 1-6-13 with pictures

caneguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark290 viewpost.gif

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

What I don't understand is why someone who takes their 19 year old son to Senor Frogs to see how many yards and free shots they can pound in 90 minutes would question the parenting decision of someone taking their 12 year old to a PG-13 play. I don't know that I have a problem with either but if forced to let my 12 & 19 year old children go on vacation with one of those parents I would choose the one who takes the 12 year old to a play where the content is no worse than what is on free TV.

Hi Mark,

First thanks so much for the compliment on the pics and review. Both boys are in college and if I remember to my times in college, there were a few nights that I did some damage to my liver. We had a good bonding time and unlike taking a young 12 year old who may not have been exposed to such material, I am sure that my sons have gotten drunk. I was also there to make sure they did not get too carried away and got back on the ship. I guess you are correct in that it is a parental choice as what to do with a child. I would not allow my son's when there were 12 to watch violence on TV, play video games that were not PG. There is a time to learn these things...

Just my thoughts....

quote.gif

caneguy,

I have three boys, the youngest will be 20 this year, and since you were the recipient of the (unnecessary) criticism, I thought I would also offer my appreciation of your remarks and the candid acknowledgment of "the college scene". No sense in feigning ignorance, (as someone working in the housing area of a Big 10 University, interacting with college students on a daily basis, I am simply shocked by the intentional naivety of parents....) and I too would much rather that their island activities include me for both the interaction with them as well as the assurance that they don't get out of control.

Great review, by the way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark290 viewpost.gif

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

What I don't understand is why someone who takes their 19 year old son to Senor Frogs to see how many yards and free shots they can pound in 90 minutes would question the parenting decision of someone taking their 12 year old to a PG-13 play. I don't know that I have a problem with either but if forced to let my 12 & 19 year old children go on vacation with one of those parents I would choose the one who takes the 12 year old to a play where the content is no worse than what is on free TV.

Hi Mark,

First thanks so much for the compliment on the pics and review. Both boys are in college and if I remember to my times in college, there were a few nights that I did some damage to my liver. We had a good bonding time and unlike taking a young 12 year old who may not have been exposed to such material, I am sure that my sons have gotten drunk. I was also there to make sure they did not get too carried away and got back on the ship. I guess you are correct in that it is a parental choice as what to do with a child. I would not allow my son's when there were 12 to watch violence on TV, play video games that were not PG. There is a time to learn these things...

Just my thoughts....

quote.gif

caneguy,

I have three boys, the youngest will be 20 this year, and since you were the recipient of the (unnecessary) criticism, I thought I would also offer my appreciation of your remarks and the candid acknowledgment of "the college scene". No sense in feigning ignorance, (as someone working in the housing area of a Big 10 University, interacting with college students on a daily basis, I am simply shocked by the intentional naivety of parents....) and I too would much rather that their island activities include me for both the interaction with them as well as the assurance that they don't get out of control.

Great review, by the way!

Thanks Imp29 for your thoughts and compliment on the review. I can not get enough time with my son's as they are not home as much as they used to be, away at college and working away from home over the summer. So I try and "hang" with them as much as let me while they are home or on vacation with me and my wife.

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from the Valentines 3 day Allure cruise. Bad weather but a great time. Did get a few more pictures to share.

Went with friends who booked a Crown Loft suite (Lucky them!)

DSC_0001_zps79337e62.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsf3c1e0f1.jpg

DSC_0003_zps76ce493e.jpg

Master Bath

DSC_0004_zps204e6186.jpg

Master Bed

DSC_0005_zps301bb903.jpg

View from the upper bedroom

DSC_0007_zps21ecdcd5.jpg

Balcony

Dream Works parade on the Royal Promenade

DSC_0040_zpsfff7b7b2.jpg

DSC_0039_zpsd6e4a2c5.jpg

view from the Concierge Lounge

DSC_0062_zps393f21fa.jpg

As you can see we had some rain on most of the 3 day trip

Freedom pulls in next to us in Nassau to drop off passenger for medical emergency (do not know what type)

DSC_0090_zps872dd4bf.jpg

Stayed for 45 minutes then left port

AIRPLANE BEACH CONT:

Air France Air Bus 340

DSC_0369_zpsed862361.jpg

Final Approach

These pictures are awesome. This is on our list of things to do in May. We tried to do this when we did Freedom of the Seas September 2010 but missed that port due to weather. My husband was sooo disappointed. Crusing in May this time so hopefully will get there.

Thanks for this review it was great!!! I will be sailing on Allure in October for out Honeymoon! I can't wait, and this and made me even more excited!

Thanks Again

Thanks for the compliment. You are going to have a great time on the Allure. Go to the Love and Marriage game it is alot of fun. Be careful if you decide to play as some of the questions can be very personal( and very funny)

More from our 3 day Allure Valentines cruise.

During the second day the Allure cruised up and down the coast of Florida from Miami to just north of Palm Beach, and we had the bad weather that was coming in from a cold front. The Ocean Aria shows were all cancelled that day :(

The second night we ate in Izumi. There were 7 of us dinning and we did family style dinning for the dinner. I loved everything about Izumi. The sushi was wonderful, my wife had the hot rock dinner (no sushi for her) and loved it as well. Very well prepared and full of flavor. I wished I had gone there when I was on the ship in January.

Izumi

DSC_0065_zpsf053bb75.jpg

Our selection of Sushi

DSC_0066_zpse21f3e79.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsa03ba7dc.jpg

We went to see the comedy show (funny) and then the Ice Show (outstanding!!)

Nassau, Day 3 Saturday

Again a lot of rain but we still had a great time. Walked into the shopping area and looked at some of the stores. Got back to ship before the big rain storm and rested in the cabin. Watched from our balcony as the Freedom of the Sea docked next to us to drop off a sicken passenger. Saw on some posts that it was a women with a heart condition (hope she is ok).

DSC_0090_zps872dd4bf.jpg

It was fun to see and there was some banter going on between the passengers of both ships, very funny.

Around 4:30 a scaled down production of Ocean Aria was done. I have to give credit to the Allure staff for doing the best they could with the bad weather during the cruise. Watched the show from the "secret balcony" on deck 11. Very unique view. I had watched the full show in while on the Allure in January from the "normal sitting area".

DSC_0107_zpsd4db8a47.jpg

DSC_0120_zps170cb8af.jpg

DSC_0126_zpsdaf4edee.jpg

DSC_0109_zps3322f915.jpg

On the last night of the 3 day Valentines cruise we had dinner the last night at Chops. Again we all loved the dinner and we had a special guest drop by and say hello. Elvis!!! not really it was our wonderful cruise director Ken Rush. Our friends who were with us on this cruise work for RCCI and he came by to say hello, and stay for dinner!

KenRushElvis_zps2c951b41.jpeg

Me and ELVIS!!

KenRush_zps97bd9e30.jpeg

No, it was just Ken Rush

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just booked the Oasis going to the same ports as this Allure cruise (going with wife's best friend and her family). Thought I would re-post my review for anyone who is doing the eastern caribbean on either the Oasis or Allure

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

Just booked the Oasis going to the same ports as this Allure cruise (going with wife's best friend and her family). Thought I would re-post my review for anyone who is doing the eastern caribbean on either the Oasis or Allure

Ports in St. Thomas, the Allure is on the far right of picture. Picture is from my review last year = Allure 1-6-13 with pics

http://media500.dropshots.com/photos/1167224/20130516/b_204315.jpg

Edited by caneguy

Now that is one great shot of both Havensight and Crown Bay.

I hope you do not mind, but I am stealing that picture!:eek:

It is an excellent picture! We once stayed on the hill to the left, Blue Beard's Castle and had view of ships. Hmmmmmm, to stay in St Thomas for a week or sail on Allure. Loved them both.

Again, thanks for the memory with your photo! :)