Need help with bus Catania-Palermo (can I get tickets on site?)

rdtsmith1234

I am taking a cruise out of Palermo with two children. Originally, my cruise documents said Catania, so of course I booked my flight to there. I was a little upset to learn that somehow the port was changed or there was some mix up (as my original cruise documents say Catania)...but that is water under the bridge...not sure where the mistake happened, but I need to get from Catania to Palermo (thankfully, the day before our cruise leaves) to catch the ship.

I checked buses, and it seems like our best bet would be http://www.saisautolinee.it/

My question, I see that the bus does leave from Catania Airport. I saw nowhere on their site (with my limited Italian) to see if I should be purchasing the bus tickets ahead of time or will I easily be able to do this after arrival? It looks like the buses leave hourly to Palermo, and that roundtrip tickets are available on that route.

I am just trying to lessen my stress level to make sure I can purchase tickets on site with no issues AND that the buses are safe...I did click on some links describing people getting robbed on the bus from Catania to Palermo. Traveling with children of course that made me nervous.

Any insight would be appreciated!

thanks,

Rachel

Archived