Taxi after liberty

We are on the four night liberty sailing in February from Fort Lauderdale. We have hire cars booked pre and post cruise with collection and drop off being at Fort Lauderdale airport. My question is how do we get to the airport after our cruise? We have booked through Alamo so will there be a shuttle and is there a charge or should be get a cab? Are taxis ready available at the port?

Thanks in advance

We are on the four night liberty sailing in February from Fort Lauderdale. We have hire cars booked pre and post cruise with collection and drop off being at Fort Lauderdale airport. My question is how do we get to the airport after our cruise? We have booked through Alamo so will there be a shuttle and is there a charge or should be get a cab? Are taxis ready available at the port?

Thanks in advance

Don't know about Alamo, but there are plenty of taxis available and the cost to the airport is about $15.

Thanks in advance

We got off the Liberty on December 5th around 8:15 am. It was drizzling and we made our way over to the taxi stand. Two lines were filtering in, one from the Liberty and one from a Celebrity. There was a broward sherrif there telling us where to stand and assuring us taxis would be coming. No CABS were there. We were number two to board, but waited and waited while the line got very long and people were getting soaked. The FLL shuttle guy came over to our line and said he was getting ready to send a van out for $11 pp. Some people took him up on it. He got another van to come while we were still waiting. But we were locally going into Fort Lauderdale and not the airport. We've never seen that happen before. There were a lot of ships in, AND it was early, so I'm not sure if that was just an odd day. I guess if the sun was shining we wouldn't have minded so much. everyone was huddling under this overhand, but the smokers forced us out into the rain. I guess we waited about 20 minutes, and we got the first one, b/c the group in front of us needed a VAN. I have no idea how long the others had to wait

Archived