Pat and Diana's vs Paradise Cove..can't decide

hlb76

We are looking to do some snorkeling in Freeport when we are there.

I have read a few great reviews about Paradise cove and a few OK reviews nothing really negative. I have read fewer reviews on P&D's. I think the boat with the rock wall and slide would be fun.

I just think we will get more bang for our buck at Paradise Cove and possibly some peaceful quite time. Plus I read the snorkeling is grreat and we may even see some Sea Turtles :D

Any suggestions either way? I love getting feedback from ppl who have been there. This will be our first!

I have not been to Paradise Cove, but I have been on two different P&D tours (2010 & 2012). The company is outstanding to work with. The ship with the climbing wall is alot of fun. We did that tour in 2010. One of my kids got stung by a jellyfish and they were great in helping him with that.

In 2012 we did the deserted island tour on a different catamaran. TK was our captain and was WONDERFUL! The rum punch was quite tasty, and I enjoyed our lunch very much. I was also impressed with how patient the crew was with the guests while we were snorkeling. They were out in the water with us.

I would do P&D again in a hot minute. Plus, if you are sailing on Carnival, they offer a discount if you book in advance.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever one you do!

We went to Paradise Cove in 2010, but we haven't gone with Pat & Diane. (Cruise Envy and I have sailed together, though - just not to Freeport!:p) I loved Paradise Cove - but then, I'm more comfortable snorkeling from shore than I am from a catamaran. The snorkeling at Paradise Cove is very easy; even though I didn't go out beyond the reef, there was plenty to see. The shuttle to and from the cruise port worked very well; they picked us up when they said they would and they keep very good track of ships' sailing times to make sure the shuttle brings you back well before back on board time. I liked it so much that I've thought about planning a vacation with one of their rental properties - but that would mean giving up a cruise.:o

We went on the Pat and Diane snorkel tour in August. We had the boat with the rock wall and the water slide...and my kids loved the slide. The snorkeling was OK...I thought there was more marine life in Nassau, but I know Pat and Diane can't control that. Very good tour with them, and my mom was actually sick the day of the tour, and they didn't charge us for her, even though they could have. Good customer service.

I think we may try Paradise Cove this time, since one person going with us on the cruise doesn't swim. It will be better for her since we can all just relax on the beach and snorkel at our leisure.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just depends how much activity you want.

Thanks... I feel like we can't go wrong either way. I'm 50/50 on what I want to do. I think P&D's catamaran is what is really holding me back from PC. Yet I think a nice beach day with the option to snorkel sounds amazing too. We wont have a beach day on this cruise unless we decide to in Nassua but I think that will be our relax on the ship or go shopping day.

I think we will end up at PC just becuase we can lazy the day away and enjoy the beach as well as snorkel.

Thanks for the input I love hearing first hand experiences!

Thanks... I feel like we can't go wrong either way. I'm 50/50 on what I want to do. I think P&D's catamaran is what is really holding me back from PC. Yet I think a nice beach day with the option to snorkel sounds amazing too. We wont have a beach day on this cruise unless we decide to in Nassua but I think that will be our relax on the ship or go shopping day.

I think we will end up at PC just becuase we can lazy the day away and enjoy the beach as well as snorkel.

Thanks for the input I love hearing first hand experiences!

We just got back from the Bahamas and did the snorkeling tour with Pat and Diane in Freeport and loved it! Even though the seas were a bit rough. We had a small group of about 10 so we took the smaller boat not the one with the slide. :(

But, nonetheless we had a great time! I agree that it just depends what you want to do. Visibility was clear but the waves were pretty big out there.

Thanks Allison,

I think if we where to not get the big boat it would be a big disappointment. Thats the one thing that keeps me leaning that way. I think the kids and big kids would enjoy it. I do like to snorkel but I love just laying on the beach and relaxing too. UGH what to do :o

How was the temps and water temps? I think we will have no issue with weather as anything will be better then being here in MN! Water temps I'm sure will be no different in the lakes and rivers we are used too. A bit of a shock at first until you get used to it.

Thanks Allison,

I think if we where to not get the big boat it would be a big disappointment. Thats the one thing that keeps me leaning that way. I think the kids and big kids would enjoy it. I do like to snorkel but I love just laying on the beach and relaxing too. UGH what to do :o

How was the temps and water temps? I think we will have no issue with weather as anything will be better then being here in MN! Water temps I'm sure will be no different in the lakes and rivers we are used too. A bit of a shock at first until you get used to it.

I was hoping for the bigger boat too, but it was nice having a small party for our 4 year old son. The water temps were around 77 and didn't feel that bad to me. I wore a short wetsuit but when I put my legs in I didn't feel that cold shock. Everyone else in our group just had bathing suits on and seemed fine. When are you going on your cruise? If it's a slower time, you might want to call or email them and see how many people have booked already on that day to see what boat you might be taking. We are from the midwest too and it's cold here so anything was an improvement. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have fun on your cruise!

Archived