Best way to book a dolphin swim?

Beachbum6

We will be in Cozumel in Oct, there are so many options I am not sure which is the best way to book, through RC, Cozumel Insider, DD. It seemed like right through the cruise ship would be best, RC does offer a "Royal Swim", and "Snorkel/Swim" (which is what we were interested in doing), but I read a review that said theirs was very little interaction. I also tried to book with them today and got a message that said there was no excursions for that port at this time, I am trying to book too soon, I have never done this before. So anyways I guess my question is, if we want to do a Snorkel/Swim which is the best route?

Can't help on which is better snorkel or swim because I've only done the swim. I felt like the swim had enough hands on with the dolphins do be worth the money. It was a pretty amazing experience. I booked directly with Dolphin Discovery and did so about 5 months before I cruised. There were like 5 ships in port that day and I was lucky enough to get the last two openings they had. Hope this helps.

You'll pay upfront. DD did not have the time slot we wanted for our 6/19 cruise, so we went to http://www.cozumelinsider.com and http://www.shoretrips.com. Princes are all about the same, but Shore Trips had the specific time we wanted. We booked and paid online and printed out our confirmation.

I would suggest booking the earliest dolphin swim you can manage. That leaves the rest of the day to thoroughly enjoy Chankanaab Park.

Both of the dolphin activities (swim and snorkel/swim) are really great and have a good deal of interaction with the dolphins. You won't be disappointed with either one. Folks are correct though ~ booking ahead is key to getting what you need. And do plan to spend time there at the park either before or after (or both!) your activities as there are many activities and lots of good snorkeling to enjoy there!

Well I did book today and we were able to get the time we wanted as well. I used Cozumel Insider, they seemed the easiest way to go. I ended up booking the snorkel/swim, something I did not consider though, do we have to know how to snorkel?? I guess I assumed that was something that they showed you how to do, not really sure, if not then I guess we will be spending the summer learning how to snorkel. :)

I just booked the Dolphin Discovery Royal Swim for my dd13 yesterday! $125 butit's only about 1 hour :confused: .

Like beachbum, I just wanted as much interaction as possible. Standing on a platform and kissing and petting the dolphin just didn't do it for me, ya know? I want her to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. She's been dreaming of this FOREVER!!!

Shoretrips was booked for my date but I was able to book directly with Dolphin Discovery. Hope it's worth it!

Hey, does anyone know how far PB is from Chankanaab? I'm sending DH with her for the swim and I'll take my other two dd's to PB for the day. I figure we could meet up there.

5 more months!!!! Yippeee!

Just got back from Coz. We went to C Park and Dolphin Discovery. We did the dolphin swim/snorkle. We were on the platform for about 15 mins and then swam out and got a "belly ride" back to the platform. We then put on masks and snorkles (no fins) and swam out for another 15 mins. We floated in a circle while the dolphin came around and did behaviors for each of us as we gave it hand signals. It is not "free time" with the dolphins.

You don't need to know how to snorkle. You basically just float around in your vest and use the mask to watch the dolphin underwater.

It was great, and definitely the highlight of our cruise, but if I had to do it again, I would pop for the extra $ for the "Royal Swim."

Just got back from Coz. We went to C Park and Dolphin Discovery. We did the dolphin swim/snorkle. We were on the platform for about 15 mins and then swam out and got a "belly ride" back to the platform. We then put on masks and snorkles (no fins) and swam out for another 15 mins. We floated in a circle while the dolphin came around and did behaviors for each of us as we gave it hand signals. It is not "free time" with the dolphins.

You don't need to know how to snorkle. You basically just float around in your vest and use the mask to watch the dolphin underwater.

It was great, and definitely the highlight of our cruise, but if I had to do it again, I would pop for the extra $ for the "Royal Swim."

That's good to hear minnesotaman! Glad I splurged on the Royal Swim!

YOu will not regret splurging! Seven of us did the royal swim last april at Dolphin Discovery - - booked through Shore Trips. 4 Adults and kids 18, 16 & 15. We enjoyed it SO much we even purchased the cheesy video they put together! It was definitely a memory for a lifetime. We all still talk about it and even pull out the video once in a while. The 'foot-push' is the BEST! Enjoy!

The cost should be the same with anyone you book through- just the public prices $75 Encounter/ $99 Snorkel/Swim and $125 Royal Swim

You pay your taxi and park entrance separately

The excursions offered through the cruise line are much more from what I understand however include transportation and entrance- still less expensive to book outside the cruise line and you get to set the time you spend at the park.

With the royal swim they do the 'foot push' which is AWESOME. Absolutely the best part of the whole thing. You swim out and lay on your belly with arms and legs spread slightly. Two dolphins swim up behind you, put their noses in the balls of your feet and push you into the standing position and through the water. Phenominal! My husband is 6'6" and 250 - - these amazing creatures even got him out of the water. The only way to do this trick with the dolphis is the royal swim. The dorsel pull is cool too - - but nothing like the foot push! Do it - - you'll love it!

What is the difference in the ROYAL SWIM?

Three of us did the Royal Swim 5/28/05. The difference is 2 dolphins - 8 people for 1 hour for Royal. 1 dolphin - 10 people 45 min. for the Swim Adventure. Foot Push, Dorsal Pull, Kiss, etc. on Royal no foot push on Swim Adv.

When we booked with DD about 3 weeks before the cruise the Royal Swim was sold out so we booked the Swim Adventure. When we got to the check-in desk we asked if we could upgrade to the Royal and they had room in the groups that were getting ready to watch the orientation video. It was worth every penny and we bought the cheezy video too as well as 3 pictures each. Have FUN!!

Archived