Intercontinental Hotel?

cah14522

We are thinking of booking at the Intercontinental Hotel at 444 St. Charles, for the night before our upcoming Conquest cruise. Any feedback on this hotel? We are looking for something close to the quarter, but still economical. Also, since we are driving in, our thought is to park at the Fulton Street Garage (roof option for $8 per day), and then walk or shuttle to the port on Sunday morning. Is this a doable option - is Fulton Garage safe/secure? Could we leave our luggage in the car overnight to avoid having to unload it all at the hotel?

Thanks for any thoughts you might we willing to share on this hotel and parking option!

• 2 weeks later...

Great hotel! Cross Canal Street and you will be in the French Quarter. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly.We plan to stay there again. Can't speak to parking, we flew in. But the port is walking distance if you do not have heavy luggage. Enjoy your stay!

The Intercontinental is in a good location, not too close, but not too far either. It's somewhat blah as far as personality, but nice nonetheless. If you can get it for a cheap price, go for it. It will be convenient to Bourbon, but not quite as much to the riverfront and Decatur (where the restaurants are mostly centered). If you don't mind a little walking, it's not bad at all. There's a greasy spoon Fredrick's deli right next door for a filling cheap breakfast. I would not agree that it's walking distance to the port. I'm not sure I'd want to be walking around the port area anyway. It's behind the convention center and not an area with alot of foot traffic.

It's been ages since I parked at the Fulton, and I won't tell you for sure your luggage would be safe. Probably would be OK, but you never know. It's just SO easy to park at the terminal (for Carnival cruises). Yes, it's expensive, but the way the parking is incorporated into the terminal is worth the extra price to us. If I were cruising out of the Julia terminal, I might use the Fulton.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived