Exclusive Soap Used on Carnival Ships - A Favor

CSIMelissa

OMG! Everyone's generosity has renewed my faith in this crazy, crazy world. I truly and greatly appreciate it from all. I'm just giddy because I find this simply amusing. YES Jay I have started my own soap opera.

I greatly appreciate it, I will remind those who have asked, and most importantly ENJOY YOUR CRUISES!!!!!

• 3 years later...

While you're at it.....those beach towels sure do dry me off better than the ones I can get at home SOOOOOO, would anyone cruising soon please mail me a couple since I don't cruise till May 2017......just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon while the mood is festive!

(This is a joke.....no slams about soap being free and towels not are necessary).

I'm needing more soap but not cruising any time soon. Could someone pick up some for me? Once again I'll reimburse postage.

Just out of curiosity what problems were you having with your skin that the soap was able to help? I have rosacea and have not been able to find anything to help get rid of it completely. Your post has intrigued me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSIMelissa,

It's funny - DH and I HATE that "soap", but we (especially DH) really liked the old Bien Venue soap that Carnival used to offer. So now, we take our own Bien Venue soap on our Carnival cruises. So, I'll be happy to send you the unused bars of the Carnival soap after we get home from our next cruise. Unfortunately, that won't be until early October. We're sailing the last week of September. Someone sailing sooner is bound to pop on here and offer to send some, like last time you posted this. But even if they do, I'm still willing to send you some in October, if you still want it.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef

Just out of curiosity what problems were you having with your skin that the soap was able to help? I have rosacea and have not been able to find anything to help get rid of it completely. Your post has intrigued me.

I have very sensitive skin and it seems like every soap and/or cleanser on the planet breaks me out. This doesn't. :-)

CSIMelissa,

It's funny - DH and I HATE that "soap", but we (especially DH) really liked the old Bien Venue soap that Carnival used to offer. So now, we take our own Bien Venue soap on our Carnival cruises. So, I'll be happy to send you the unused bars of the Carnival soap after we get home from our next cruise. Unfortunately, that won't be until early October. We're sailing the last week of September. Someone sailing sooner is bound to pop on here and offer to send some, like last time you posted this. But even if they do, I'm still willing to send you some in October, if you still want it.:)

Thanks - I will keep that in mind. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

I have very sensitive skin and it seems like every soap and/or cleanser on the planet breaks me out. This doesn't. :-)

Glad you found something that works for you! I'll have to see if it works for me.... And if it doesn't I'll send a few bars your way!

Oh, no. We're going to have a soap shortage! Glad you found something that works for you. I went nuts when I found my soap in Charleston. When we got in the area, I would by $50 worth of bars. I could by mine online but it was half the price there. Last cruise in Charleston, I filled up a shopping bag, good thing the parking garage was cool.

Would anyone who is sailing with Carnival soon mind picking me up a couple bars of their little, round white soap that they have in the state room bathrooms?

I KNOW this is an odd request, but I have problem skin and have tried everything from expensive products to cheap ones and for some reason that soap really helps me! My face is healing very well...

I won't be sailing again this year and I know what I have won't last until I do again.

I'd repay any postage or whatever.

Thanks! Like I said, I know this is a odd request.... I wouldn't normally ask anything like this but it's helping me so much I thought what the heck.

I cruise in May and June, send me your address to Volmoma@hotmail.com Please put in subject box, Carnival Soaps. And I will be more than happy to send you some. We have adjoining rooms in May, our girls only cruise. And then in June were doing a family cruise. Just send me the info. [emoji4][emoji4]

Edited by volmoma

I cannot believe how many people are willing to steal soap.

The soap is provided for your use while on the cruise not for you to load up for another person.

I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The soap is provided for your use while on the cruise not for you to load up for another person.

I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft.

You seem to spend a lot of time on these boards expressing disbelief, disapproval, and disgust. Do you ever have anything positive or helpful to say?:rolleyes:

I am not condoning theft or "loading up". I bring my own soap for use onboard since this cutback. I have paid for that cheap, generic "SOAP" that is in my cabin, so if someone actually likes it and wants it, I am happy to give it to them. It's my soap, at that point, not Carnival's. I don't steal.

Oh. My. Gosh.

If I ask and they give that’s not stealing. And if you still think it is, then good luck finding a judge that wouldn’t laugh you out of the courtroom.

If I ask and they say no then I’m not going to go find a supply closet and take some….THAT would be stealing.

If they press the issue then I’ll give them the .5 it takes to make the soap.

You seem to spend a lot of time on these boards expressing disbelief, disapproval, and disgust. Do you ever have anything positive or helpful to say?:rolleyes:

I am not condoning theft or "loading up". I bring my own soap for use onboard since this cutback. I have paid for that cheap, generic "SOAP" that is in my cabin, so if someone actually likes it and wants it, I am happy to give it to them. It's my soap, at that point, not Carnival's. I don't steal.

I will say it again and again... Love me some ShakyBeef. Took the words right out of my mouth! /puts pompoms down

Oh. My. Gosh.

If I ask and they give that’s not stealing. And if you still think it is, then good luck finding a judge that wouldn’t laugh you out of the courtroom.

If I ask and they say no then I’m not going to go find a supply closet and take some….THAT would be stealing.

If they press the issue then I’ll give them the .5 it takes to make the soap.

If you request extra soap with no intention of using it but instead of packing it up to bring it home so you can send it to someone else, yes, that is theft.

I wonder what of the woman posted on JH's blog today who supposedly pumped out and stole 6 water bottles worth of shower gel to take home because she loved it so... Now thats stealing, and blatant at that.

Yep, but no different than requesting extra of something with the same intention of taking it home for whatever reason.

I wonder what of the woman posted on JH's blog today who supposedly pumped out and stole 6 water bottles worth of shower gel to take home because she loved it so... Now thats stealing, and blatant at that.

That's not stealing, that's being thrifty and "green". She was re-purposing the water bottles she used to smuggle her booze onboard.;):cool: Classy.:rolleyes:

Although the soap is in a sealed container, I would have a problem if I knew the unused soap is left for the next passenger.

A card laid, is a card played. Once the soap is left in the cabin, it is "used". If the passenger takes it, no loss to Carnival since it should have been thrown away anyway.

Now, if they go ask the Cabin Steward for a box of soap, that is a different issue.

If I keep putting the soap away to unclutter the bathroom, and Carnival keeps leaving new ones ... That's their choice, not mine.

I suppose a similar argument could be made about the mini-bar. That seems a little different to me. The bathroom is subject to so much more use that can "dirty" anything left there.

Edited by richmke

I don't consider picking up an extra bar or two of soap to help someone out stealing. Now if someone were lifting 50 bars off the room steward's cart, that would be theft. And if CCL actually sold the bars I would be buying it rather than asking for a favor.

Edited by CSIMelissa

That's not stealing, that's being thrifty and "green". She was re-purposing the water bottles she used to smuggle her booze onboard.;):cool: Classy.:rolleyes:

So I wonder how people would feel if she asked others to fill a bottle and send it to her and people jumped on the bandwagon to fill a bottle for her.

Would that be considered stealing? I mean it is right there in the shower to use all you want and the stewards are happy to refill it if it gets empty.