Exclusive Soap Used on Carnival Ships - A Favor

CSIMelissa

Plus, why not just grab a handful off the cart in the hallway also? Might as well take the unopened roll of toilet paper in the room also. The box of tissue. Plus maybe a glass or two because they are nice for my bathroom at home.

Maybe because most people know where to draw the line?

BeagleOne user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havingfun2010 viewpost.gif

Plus, why not just grab a handful off the cart in the hallway also? Might as well take the unopened roll of toilet paper in the room also. The box of tissue. Plus maybe a glass or two because they are nice for my bathroom at home.

Maybe because most people know where to draw the line?

Exactly. I take the tissue box home, they fit nicely in the side door of my car because they are small. No thanks with the TP, I like the brand I get at the store. The ships TP is cheap, cheap, cheap stuff. I don't need glasses from the ship - that would really be hard up and too easy to break in transit. I did take a bag of popcorn home once from MUTS (Movies Under the Stars). I fed it to my wild birds outside, they told me they felt like they had been on a cruise!:D

OF course this made JH's timeline today.

Message: You asked about soap. There is a Cruise Critic thread here that you should read!!!!.Someone asked for the soap to be stolen because they liked it. I cannot believe how many people are willing to steal this soap The soap is provided for your use while on the cruise not for you to load up for another person. I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft. Something must be done because this will put my cruise price up and that is not fair at all!!!!

I guess somebody wanted their 12 hours of fame.

Notice they did not put the OP's original request for the unused, just their assumption about the carts?

Message: You asked about soap. There is a Cruise Critic thread here that you should read!!!!.Someone asked for the soap to be stolen because they liked it. I cannot believe how many people are willing to steal this soap The soap is provided for your use while on the cruise not for you to load up for another person. I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft. Something must be done because this will put my cruise price up and that is not fair at all!!!!

Notice they did not put the OP's original request for the unused, just their assumption about the carts?

As far as STEALING.....I take my own bar of soap to use, if the room steward brings packaged soap each day should I have thrown it in the garbage???? More days than not the packaged soap was left in plain site. GOOD GRIEF.......I also did the same thing at Disney World several years ago w/the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion not because I needed it but because my 2 eight year old granddaughters think it great to have it at Nana's when they come to visit for the weekends. This post is hilarious!!

I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft.

Then tell your room stewards to quit accepting tips for extra soap. I am sure you will agree with that John!:cool:

As far as STEALING.....I take my own bar of soap to use, if the room steward brings packaged soap each day should I have thrown it in the garbage???? More days than not the packaged soap was left in plain site. GOOD GRIEF.......I also did the same thing at Disney World several years ago w/the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion not because I needed it but because my 2 eight year old granddaughters think it great to have it at Nana's when they come to visit for the weekends. This post is hilarious!!

Whoever posted that on his page needs to lick the spoon they used to stir.

I bring my own soap too. I can understand the OP's need. My soap is Gilchrist & Soames. I discovered that in a B&B and brought a bunch home from their gift shop. But when I ran out I was so sad. The B&B offered me to order it from them, but I later started buying from G&C when they came on sale. If I'm lucky enough to make it to Charleston I go to the B&B and buy $50 worth. I understand RC gives that soap in the suites and I'm sure the guests take them home too. Maybe Carnival should offer to sell their soap to guests that truly are in need.