luggage labels

susiemcc

I heard it was now $75 per PERSON to get paper documents.

WOW, I hadn't heard that. That's quite a jump. I guess they really don't want to send out paper documents and luggage tags:eek:

If you received printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

Website still shows $35, but we know how up to date all the information seems to be.

Was able to print cruise docs for our April 5 cruise yesterday.

The luggage tags didn't print correctly.....have no idea what to do about that. They were much too small and no fold lines or anything.

Anyone know what might have been wrong?

The luggage tags didn't print correctly.....have no idea what to do about that. They were much too small and no fold lines or anything.

You were printing from the edocs and not the Setsail pass? Setsail pass has a sample on the third page showing what the luggage tag will look like and has info if you will be getting luggage tags from a porter at the pier. I don't think your edocs have been issued yet. It is usually 49 days before sailing. I haven't gotten mine for my March 17th cruise. At the end of the edocs there should be the luggage tag page complete with the fold lines, etc. You can print just that page, however many you need.

You were printing from the edocs and not the Setsail pass? Setsail pass has a sample on the third page showing what the luggage tag will look like and has info if you will be getting luggage tags from a porter at the pier. I don't think your edocs have been issued yet. It is usually 49 days before sailing. I haven't gotten mine for my March 17th cruise. At the end of the edocs there should be the luggage tag page complete with the fold lines, etc. You can print just that page, however many you need.

NCL still mails regular luggage tags. How are the paper ones? I'm afraid they'd rip and my bag would get lost!

Did you click on "printable version" before printing your e-docs? The luggage tag sample at the end of the printable version has all the fold lines and instructions and is much larger.

NCL still mails regular luggage tags. How are the paper ones? I'm afraid they'd rip and my bag would get lost!

If you follow the instructions on Royal's luggage tag page, you'll end up folding one 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper into one tag, so it's several layers and should not rip.

Some people laminate them, some use packing tape to cover them. I have reuseable clear plastic luggage tag holders that are available very reasonably.

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I have to tell you, this really irritates me...... I am ok with having e-docs for the cruise contract and printing my setsail pass. But this is just stupid.

Having preprinted luggage tags was one of those things that made boarding MUCH easier. All this does is slow down the porters and increase the risk of losing a bag. In my opinion, this is no different than a checked bag tag from an airline. There are some costs to doing business.

This didn't cost RCCL that much to do, and it was much more efficient before.

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I have to tell you, this really irritates me...... I am ok with having e-docs for the cruise contract and printing my setsail pass. But this is just stupid.

Having preprinted luggage tags was one of those things that made boarding MUCH easier. All this does is slow down the porters and increase the risk of losing a bag. In my opinion, this is no different than a checked bag tag from an airline. There are some costs to doing business.

This didn't cost RCCL that much to do, and it was much more efficient before.

You can still have preprinted luggage tags and don't have to get them from the porters at embarkation, which doesn't really take them much time to make up, but you must print them yourself if you want them at no cost unless you're in a suite or have C&A pinnacle status. It not really a big deal to print them and they are quite durable if folded and attached properly. IMHO it did cost RCCL quite a bit to make custom tags and mail them to you and this cost was probably built into the price. It was the same with the documents that they use to print and mail to you. I don't print my eDocs but do save them on my laptop in case I do need them which hasn't happen on the many cruises we've done since the change to eDocs has occured. I prefer to have lower cruise cost by doing simple things like this myself.

Princess figured this out a long time ago and has been using the print your own luggage tags for many years.

With most NA airlines you now have to pay for checking bags on flights within NA flights unless you have status with them or pay premium flight cost. In reality most time you are paying for the airline luggage tag one way or another.

I know this may sound like an odd request, but can someone show me what the luggage tag page looks like in the eDoc? Perhaps you can do a screenprint of the pdf eDoc you may have saved on your computer.

I've already seen a few images of the tags printed out on paper with the fold lines, etc. I'm just curious as to what the whole page within the eDoc looks like. I may use it in am email when it comes time to explain to relatives on how to print out their tags. They like pictures. :D

I have an image of the tag on the 3rd page of the Setsail pass to show them, and a note "THIS IS NOT YOUR PRINTABLE LUGGAGE TAG!!" :D

Thanks in advance!

As per your request Cutesy Pie Lover. Black out area is where cabin number info is.

RCtag_zps1149f629.jpg

Thank you, robtulipe. Is that all there is to the eDoc luggage tag pag? No instructions on that page or the preceding/following page?

I only ask because a few people on the many luggage tag threads don't seem to know what to do with the tags or how to print them properly. Is it that the instructions aren't there or are lousy? It could also be because some people may just be having dificulty using their computer and printer. I know my elderly relatives are that way, and they're going to be calling me! They're so sweet, but they have so much trouble figuring out how to do things with their computer.

I want to be able to say "See where it says <instructions> on the eDoc page ...". Without an actual eDoc, I won't have a clue what they're looking at.:eek:

Thank you, robtulipe. Is that all there is to the eDoc luggage tag pag? No instructions on that page or the preceding/following page?

I only ask because a few people on the many luggage tag threads don't seem to know what to do with the tags or how to print them properly. Is it that the instructions aren't there or are lousy? It could also be because some people may just be having dificulty using their computer and printer. I know my elderly relatives are that way, and they're going to be calling me! They're so sweet, but they have so much trouble figuring out how to do things with their computer.

I want to be able to say "See where it says <instructions> on the eDoc page ...". Without an actual eDoc, I won't have a clue what they're looking at.:eek:

Only that one page references luggage tags.

Only that one page references luggage tags.

Geez. No wonder there are so many questions about them. Oh, well; I guess that people having difficulties will figure it out sooner or later (or just get tags at the pier terminal, as suggested so many times). Too bad they have to come to a cruise froum to get answers. I'll forward what I have learned on these threads to my relatives, should they have any hiccups.

And, on the topic of these new printable luggage tags, has the Royal Caribbean site tupdated the Luggage Tag topic and mentioned the new printable luggage tags? Anything about them in FAQs?

Archived