Port or Starboard on Southbound Alaskan Cruise

gregmar81

We have done 5 Alaska cruises and more Alaska flights than I can remember.

My rule is always starboard north and port south, both for the views and the phone reception. Phone reception is always better on the land side.

If you are flying one direction, then this rule is even more important. I have had some flat out breathtaking flights over the glaciers. On a perfectly clear day, they are truly wonders to behold from the air. I remember one flight in particular where it was just unbelievable. Even the captain of the plane was raving about the view. I felt really sorry for the folks on the wrong side of the plane.

A group of us plan on booking a southbound cruise on the Coral Princess. Looking at aft balcony cabins. Are we better booking all of these on the port or starboard side of the ship?

IMO you will most definitely have "more to see" on the port side south bound and and starboard side north bound doing Voyage of the Glaciers.

IMO you will most definitely have "more to see" on the port side south bound and and starboard side north bound doing Voyage of the Glaciers.

Definitely agree with the others. If you go in late June when it never actually gets dark, you can lay in bed and watch snow covered mountains going by.

Archived