Norwegian Epic advice

ginger123snaps

Considering a suite on the Epic for Dec 2013. Our boys will be ages 5, 5, and 4. I have heard very mixed reviews concerning the kids club onboard. The suite looks so darn nice though. I'm wondering if anyone had problems with this specific age group? Also, for those of you that just cruised in December..eastern carribean from Miami...how was the weather?

My husband and I have cruised most of the carribean ports. We are going to get away...not so much see the ports. At one point I was interested in Oasis of the seas and a travel agent pointed out that it wasn't worth me paying for this ship now because my kids were too young for some of the fun amenities offered. She recommended that I wait until my kids were older. She made a good point...why pay for stuff that you won't use. So we settled on carnival magic out of our home port of Galveston. I'm wondering if the same is true for the norwegian epic? My children will be 5, 5, and 4 at the time of sailing.

Ginger - fire your TA. Sorry - but she is TOTALLY wrong.

How old do they need to be to use the H20 zone? And the Merry Go Round? And enjoy characters from Shrek and Madagascar?

My kids started going on Freedom class ships when they were 3 and they didn't have the same bells and whistles as Oasis and my kids LOVED those ships. And back then - we paid the price to do them.

Regarding NCL Epic - the suite experience is like NOTHING you will find on any other cruise line. We sailed Epic last month and yes it was awesome. And we were lucky enough to tour the Haven before the other guests got onboard. (We sailed in a suite on Gem) They are incredible. Nothing compares. Norwegian knows how to take care of their suite guests.

Thank you cruisinmama for your response. I was waiting to hear back from you and I even requested you as a friend...I was trying to send you a personal message asking about the epic...but I never figured out how to do that.

I showed my husband pictures of the suite...and well that just sealed the deal. We are planning on booking it tomorrow. We plan on going in December of this year. I can't wait to experience the Haven. Looks fabulous!

What cruise are you planning next?

We have our third EPIC cruise booked. The only time I've had issues with the kids club is over Thanksgiving - but I've had the SAME issues on every ship we've ever booked over Thanksgiving. There are so many more kids - it's difficult for the staff on any ship. Our first cruise on the Epic was in October - fabulous! Our little girl just loved the kids club. This is absolutely her favorite ship by far(she's 8 and has been on 8 cruises). The shaded splash area is nice - my 8 year old still likes it.

Ginger - yeah you can't send private messages on this site ;) The next cruise? I *think* we are going to jump on a last minute as soon as school ends out of Baltimore (RCI). The girls want to do a long one and not have to fly.

Then we have our eye on Breakaway for next December.

As soon as they are booked - I will add them to my signature. But those are the ones we think we are doing this year.

If we can find a good deal on an Oasis class - those plans may change for the Summer.

I am leaving on the Epic this Saturday. I have twins aged 3 1/2 and there will be a 7, 9 and 12 year old in my group too, so I should end up with lots of info on the kids' clubs. I'm happy to share what I learn! I've found lots of reviews from people with older kids, but not many with the 3-5 year range.

Archived