Dream Library

I have my Kindle ready and loaded with reading material for our holiday, but my OH is yet to get some books.

Can you tell me how the library works? Are there many books in there or is it just a place for quiet reading of your own books?

On Ocean Village there was a shelf/box somewhere that guests deposited their books in for others to read....does this happen on the Dream.

He will take a couple, but usually is not enough for a 2 week holiday.

Lorraine

I have my Kindle ready and loaded with reading material for our holiday, but my OH is yet to get some books.

Can you tell me how the library works? Are there many books in there or is it just a place for quiet reading of your own books?

On Ocean Village there was a shelf/box somewhere that guests deposited their books in for others to read....does this happen on the Dream.

He will take a couple, but usually is not enough for a 2 week holiday.

Lorraine

Yes quite a reasonable number of books to be borrowed in a dedicated library (also have a jigsaw table in there too). Some ships have specific times to go to borrow books (cases have glass windows which are locked). Can't remember what the drill was on Dream but if there are specific opening times that will be advertised in the Cruise News.

But it's worth going at the beginning of your holiday as they do get picked over quite quickly although people are returning them and adding donations through the holiday. Passengers do leave books behind so there may well be quite a number of loose ones in there as passengers don't want to carry read books home and just leave them in the library. When I've been in there always seem to be a selection of books I'd read by popular authors. Sure your DH will find something. All else fails the shop does have a limited stock of well-known authors.

library bookcases are open 10 - 11am and 5 - 6pm

there's a good selection of books, plus some magazines/newspapers that people donate:cool:

there is usually a daily printed sheet of news stories from home and daily quiz sheets/crossword puzzles provided too

hope this helps

Just remember to leave enough time to finish your book before disembarkation.

Very frustrating when you have to speed read the last couple of chapters, or worse still, have to go home not knowing how it ends!

Not that this happened to me - obviously :o

Just remember to leave enough time to finish your book before disembarkation.

Very frustrating when you have to speed read the last couple of chapters, or worse still, have to go home not knowing how it ends!

Not that this happened to me - obviously :o

Good point annibear :) and welcome to cc message boards:)

Archived