Destiny-Monday 1/21

New2cruising2011

I have a feeling this won't be fix until she goes in for the overhaul, no need for thrusters to cross the Atlantic. Losing Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay is a big deal, Freeport and Key West don't even come close.

As I stated in another post, if this is not fixed by 1/26, I don't see the Destiny making it to Grand Cayman or Jamaica given that one of those ports requires tendering.

As I stated in another post, if this is not fixed by 1/26, I don't see the Destiny making it to Grand Cayman or Jamaica given that one of those ports requires tendering.

I am crossing my fingers that this trip will go as planned or my family and I will be very disappointed.

at this late in time to hard to change plans now..but if this happens on jan 26th sailing and they offer full refunds would I be wise to try and book another last minute carnival ship like the 6 nights departing February 3, 2013 on

the Carnival Freedom ? or the Valor on Jan 27th ?

I hope everything is solved soon, don't know why Carnival waits till the very end to notify those planning to board on the next cruise. Valor is nice ship, never been on it but I've heard/read good things about her. Keep us posted, hope you have a wonderful cruise.

During our HMC visit, the ship was constantly repositioning itself. Later in the day, a storm rolled in and it was a bit hectic for them, each time you would look it was at a different spot. So anchor alone is not enough.

do you own a boat? Does not seem like it from that response you just made. You do not simply ANCHOR a 70,000 to 130,000 ton ship buddy. Even on our cobia 24 foot center console you wouldn't just "simply anchor" it as by the time you got back from the island our boat would be long gone or on the sand, depending on tide times and current. :cool:

Actually, you simply anchor into the current.

Mr305

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Apr 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During our HMC visit, the ship was constantly repositioning itself. Later in the day, a storm rolled in and it was a bit hectic for them, each time you would look it was at a different spot. So anchor alone is not enough.

I wouldn't assume someone from NY to know that...as I stated above.

Archived