Galveston Cabs, Customs question

LoriPhil

We're trying to get Galveston-Hobby options sorted out for friends with a 12:20 flight out, which means they can't take the Princess transfer.

After arrival back in Galveston I understand the is a customs requirement. If they are taking a limo back what kind of time should we factor in for this process?

Are there cabs or supershuttles available for "walk on" customers without prearranged reservations for a ride to Hobby?

Many thanks!!

We're trying to get Galveston-Hobby options sorted out for friends with a 12:20 flight out, which means they can't take the Princess transfer.

After arrival back in Galveston I understand the is a customs requirement. If they are taking a limo back what kind of time should we factor in for this process?

Are there cabs or supershuttles available for "walk on" customers without prearranged reservations for a ride to Hobby?

Many thanks!!

Plan it with your limo service

They will work with you!!!

Try

Cornerstone Elite and Extreme Elegance

Two that have good reviews.

I had a 12:50 flight out last week so I didn't qualify for the transfer either. Since we were unsure of the taxi situation, we hired z-limosuine to pick us up from the airport and take us back. The "pick-up" was fine but the day they were supposed to take us to the airport they were so late we ended up having to take a taxi to the airport. The cost was comparable.

I am taking another cruise out of Galveston in April but we will drive the 11 hours rather than go through that mess again. I love to cruise and if we ever decide to "fly" out for another cruise we will choose another port.

If you are concerned about the time, just grab a cab to the airport. I wish we would have done that from the beginning rather than waiting outside for almost 2 hours for a car that never showed. There is a taxi stand right out front with taxi's just waiting for you.

I had a 12:50 flight out last week so I didn't qualify for the transfer either. Since we were unsure of the taxi situation, we hired z-limosuine to pick us up from the airport and take us back. The "pick-up" was fine but the day they were supposed to take us to the airport they were so late we ended up having to take a taxi to the airport. The cost was comparable.

I am taking another cruise out of Galveston in April but we will drive the 11 hours rather than go through that mess again. I love to cruise and if we ever decide to "fly" out for another cruise we will choose another port.

If you are concerned about the time, just grab a cab to the airport. I wish we would have done that from the beginning rather than waiting outside for almost 2 hours for a car that never showed. There is a taxi stand right out front with taxi's just waiting for you.

You notice I did not mention Z.

Many thanks!!

I don't know if it was typical, but my most recent cruise on Magic the customs line took an hour.

If you pay a porter you can be off the ship really fast. For a couple dollars a bag they will speed your through customs.

We would have done that except our limo company was at least an hour away so we didn't do it. Next time we will.

The cab cost $105.50 plus a $15 tip from the port directly to Hobby airport.

I would take my chances with

a professional reliable limo service with good reviews over a cab

any day in Galveston going back to Houston airport.

SSB,

:confused:What limo service did you use in the past? Do you remember the rates one way from the cruise port to Hobby?

SSB,

:confused:What limo service did you use in the past? Do you remember the rates one way from the cruise port to Hobby?

We live in Galveston

and we and our family in Houston and business friends in Houston

have always used Cornerstone Elite Limo

to travel for cruising and business purposes to/from the airports!!

We live in Galveston

SSB,

Thanks for this info. I will check them out.

I thought I was prepared using Z-limo and the few reviews I found online were good. Unfortunately there were not and I didn't find that out until it was too late.

I thought I was being "frugal" by using inexpensive flights out of Midland, Texas. Little did I know prior to booking them that you also had to factor in $240 to get between the airport and the port. And considering it only saved me approximately 4.5 hours of drive time (I live 2.5 hours from the airport, 1.5 hours pre-flight, 1.5 hour flight, 1 hour betwen airport and port), it was so not worth it.

All in all it was still a wonderful cruise. I can't wait until April when we go again only this time we will drive the 11 hours rather than go through all that headache again.

If you pay a porter you can be off the ship really fast. For a couple dollars a bag they will speed your through customs.

We would have done that except our limo company was at least an hour away so we didn't do it. Next time we will.

The cab cost $105.50 plus a $15 tip from the port directly to Hobby airport.

Did you actually use the porters? How do the porters speed you thru customs? Are they allowed to actually bud in line in front of others? or do they have their own customs line that they use? Can multiple couples use one porter?

Thanks for any info...

We live in Galveston

Any experience or knowledge using Jeff's Cab and having pre arranged transportation with them to and from Hobby?

Any experience or knowledge using Jeff's Cab and having pre arranged transportation with them to and from Hobby?

No experience with them.

They are located on Broadway 2 blocks from my home!

But !!!!!!!!!!

What are their rates and promises?

Their cabs are all over town on cruise days

but unfamiliar with airport shuttles.

Did you actually use the porters? How do the porters speed you thru customs? Are they allowed to actually bud in line in front of others? or do they have their own customs line that they use? Can multiple couples use one porter?

Thanks for any info...

After yiou get off the ship and move through the lines, porters will come up to you while you are waiting and ask if you want them to carry your bags off. If you do, they will take you out of line and place your baggage on their cart and move you to the customs area. Definately worth the money.

I don't know if it was typical, but my most recent cruise on Magic the customs line took an hour.

When we went through customs in Galveston, the line for people traveling on a birth certificate was very, very long. There was absolutely no line for those with passports, so we breezed right through. :)

After yiou get off the ship and move through the lines, porters will come up to you while you are waiting and ask if you want them to carry your bags off. If you do, they will take you out of line and place your baggage on their cart and move you to the customs area. Definately worth the money.

So, taking a porter means you still have to line up in the customs lines.

What are the lines/queues for after you get off the ship? to get your baggage? or something else?

Thanks.

Archived