Heritage Rum Factory

want2seaitall

Does anyone know anything about the Heritage Rum Factory? I visited a molasses factory in the mid 70s as a child...and really wanted to return...after doing some research it says that the Heritage Rum Factory was a molasses factory in the 70s.

Anyone been there? How is it?

Serenade of the Seas - April 2005 - Our first balcony!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

"Does anyone know anything about the Heritage Rum Factory? I visited a molasses factory in the mid 70s as a child...and really wanted to return...after doing some research it says that the Heritage Rum Factory was a molasses factory in the 70s."

I believe the "Heritage Rum factory" is now called the ESAF White Rum Factory at the Foursquare sugar Plantation Site (called Heritage Park), in St. Phillip.

They have a distillery tour, art gallery, amphitheatre, sugar museum, folk mueaum with a children's park and duty-free shops.

In 13 years I haven't found the time to go there, so I can't vouch for it's value.

If you need more information, I'll try and dig it up for you. icon_smile.gif

-------------------------

Barbados, one happy island, mon flag.JPG

I've actually e-mailed them with old pictures so they can confirm that it is the same place. I would visit my Aunt, who lived on the island as a child. I have been hoping to get back there to visit again. I'm finally getting my chance next year...and would love to visit a couple of the places that have left such an imprint in my heart. I was able to see an awful lot while visiting. She brought us to a beautiful little church, around the country side to see some of the poorer areas, the sugar cane/molasses factory, sugar cane fields, beatiful beaches...I also remember going to a shop area that was near a cliff....it also had an old, large ship with sails nearby...there were boys asking for money to jump the cliff...I have pictures. OK...I'm babbling...but even at age 8 or 9...I fell in love with this place. Someday I'll have to go back and visit for a longer vacation than just a quick day off a cruiseship. We ate at a restaurant...they had the neatest band...I remember they sang "beautiful island in the sun". You are not alone in your love for Barbados...even if I'd only been there as a child...there is something special about her. I sure hope she is still as lovely as I remember.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

"I sure hope she is still as lovely as I remember."

Trust me, she will be.

Even though there will be more people and everything that goes along with that, Barbados doesn't change.

She has a timeless beauty. A warmth that always seems like home and a wonderful people that love to share their island.

I hope you have a wonderful time and everything is as you remembered. icon_smile.gif

-------------------------

Barbados, one happy island, mon flag.JPG

• 2 years later...

Archived