Is this fly and cruise package legit? (MCO + Comfort Inn + Port Canaveral)

LandlockedCruiser01

Hmmm...

$40 + $40 + $84 = $164

$199 - $164 = $35

My math looks correct to me.

OK, then the basic numbers are wrong. Even CB Shuttle is $58 each way for 2 people. Point being, $199 for 2 people for all transfers and a hotel isn't a bad deal, as you for some reason seem to be saying. I agree with your original point that it's not unbelievable that these packages are available, as I've seen them at a few hotels during my recent research.

OK, then the basic numbers are wrong. Even CB Shuttle is $58 each way for 2 people. Point being, $199 for 2 people for all transfers and a hotel isn't a bad deal, as you for some reason seem to be saying. I agree with your original point that it's not unbelievable that these packages are available, as I've seen them at a few hotels during my recent research.

No, Dan...This isn't rocket science, it's simple math.

I provided the link where rountrip transfers from MCO are $40 per person on a shared shuttle. I used a Saturday night for the hotel which was $84 (weeknights are cheaper).

http://travelcocoabeachshuttle.com/orlando-airport-transportation.php

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

Park & Cruise Package: 1 nights lodging; shuttle to and from ship for 2 persons ($10 for 3rd person); parking for 1 car for cruise duration; breakfast: $147 plus 11% tax per room per night. I booked it under Hilton Honors and the confirmation came back at $137.00 plus 11% tax. 50 miles from MCO airport and 4 miles from port. On beach but did not confirm beach-vew room. $$

Fly & Cruise Package: 1 night lodging; transportation from Orlando airport to hotel, shuttle from hotel to ship, transportation from ship to Orlando airport, all for one person only, $45 for each additional person for transportation, breakfast: $174 plus 11% tax per room per night.

This is the package we got for June. Sounds like the rates change according to availability, season and days. This is a weekend.

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

Park & Cruise Package: 1 nights lodging; shuttle to and from ship for 2 persons ($10 for 3rd person); parking for 1 car for cruise duration; breakfast: $147 plus 11% tax per room per night. I booked it under Hilton Honors and the confirmation came back at $137.00 plus 11% tax. 50 miles from MCO airport and 4 miles from port. On beach but did not confirm beach-vew room. $$

Fly & Cruise Package: 1 night lodging; transportation from Orlando airport to hotel, shuttle from hotel to ship, transportation from ship to Orlando airport, all for one person only, $45 for each additional person for transportation, breakfast: $174 plus 11% tax per room per night.

This is the package we got for June. Sounds like the rates change according to availability, season and days. This is a weekend.

You're also comparing the Hampton Inn to the Comfort Inn that was the subject of the OP's disbelief. There's a big difference between the two properties, so $199 for the Comfort Inn is obviously not that good of a deal as he thought.

Also, in the disclaimers at the bottom of the OP's link, it states:

Each additional person over 2, add $40.00 for airport transfers, regardless of age.

I really was not comparing. I think all these properties have their own "take" on a package as a draw for business. I was just offering additional information on this interesting subject.

Would you please explain the "big difference" in the 2 properties. I would be most grateful for your input.

Thanks

I really was not comparing. I think all these properties have their own "take" on a package as a draw for business. I was just offering additional information on this interesting subject.

Would you please explain the "big difference" in the 2 properties. I would be most grateful for your input.

Thanks

All the hotels are using the same few shuttle services so the real difference in price comes down to the quality and price of hotels.

I'm at a bit of a loss to explain the differences (in general) between Hampton Inns and Comfort Inns. I take it you have not stayed in both chains? Hampton Inns are generally nicer and priced higher than Comfort Inns. That may not necessarily be the case between the two properties in Cocoa Beach, but in general.

We have stayed in nicer Hampton Inns. They are with Hilton Honors. Not Comfort.

I know it is difficult to compare in some cases. I thought you might have something specific in the particular situation. I have not seen either.

We have stayed in nicer Hampton Inns. They are with Hilton Honors. Not Comfort.

Well...not exactly.

Hilton Honors is Hilton Corporation's loyalty program.

Hampton is one of the brands of the Hilton Corporation as is Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home 2 Suites, DoubleTree, Conrad and Waldorf Astoria.

Comfort Inn is one of the brands of Choice Hotels which also includes Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, Main Stay Suites, Suburban, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked this exact package for Comfort Inn in March. I made sure that I communicated with all parties involved before making the reservation - the hotel and the shuttle company. They were all very helpful and professional and I am hoping all turns out well with everything. I know that Comfort Inn is no frills but for one night, that is all I need. The hotel got really good reviews on Tripadvisor.com for their fly, cruise and snooze packages.

I booked this exact package for Comfort Inn in March. I made sure that I communicated with all parties involved before making the reservation - the hotel and the shuttle company. They were all very helpful and professional and I am hoping all turns out well with everything. I know that Comfort Inn is no frills but for one night, that is all I need. The hotel got really good reviews on Tripadvisor.com for their fly, cruise and snooze packages.

Let us know how it turns out.

Archived