Catamaran Choices...

Krissta

I'm trying to decide between Cool Runnings, Heat WAve, and the Tiami Catamaran Cruise... I think I like Cool Runnings the most, but I would love to hear if people had gone on these specific catamarans. Thanks!!

Sara

Destiny - May 16th! icon_smile.gif

countdown.php?month=05&year=2004&day=15&hour=0&name=Class of 2004

countdown.php?month=05&year=2004&day=16&hour=0&name=Destiny

Have you looked into El Tigre while Cool Runnings does not offer pick up/drop off services,they do. Both tours are $70.00 US per person, also Silver Moon is another Cat that offers transport but their price is $90.00 per person. Tiami only accepts bookings through the cruise line.

Personally,we are thinking of doing the Jolly Roger which, without lunch is a good deal, their regular price with lunch is $65.00 versus RCCL price of $45.00 with no lunch. I did the Jolly Roger dinner cruise in Antigua and had a blast.

Cool Runnings DOES do pickup/drop off...

"Transportation to and from your hotel... "

Says right on the website.. and it's only $65 instead of $70.

I think I'm going to book them! icon_smile.gif

countdown.php?month=05&year=2004&day=15&hour=0&name=Class of 2004

countdown.php?month=05&year=2004&day=16&hour=0&name=Destiny

You may want to email them to get the specifics. They responded that the cost of the 5 hour snorkel is $70 USD. You have to get your own transportation from the dock to The Careenage in Bridgetown (10 min. journey) and they will reimburse you the taxi fare upon your arrival and arrange return transportation for you back to the cruise ship port. Looks like they will book a max of 26 persons. May want to consider that also. Let me know if you find out more info.

Golden Princess 6/2004

I emailed Cool Runnings as well, and got the same information as crusinfamilyof4, the price is $70.00 US and they do not offer a pick up service. I also emailed smallcats,tiami, heatwave.el tigre and silvermoon and got responses on prices etc. Krissta, maybe you SHOULD email them, and get up to date info.

I am going to post the responses that i got so far;

"Thank you for your interest in El Tigre Cruises.The price for the 3-Hour Cruise is US$50.00 per person. Included is transportation to and from, Drinks & All snorkeling and safety equipment. The cruise is 3 hours long this time does not include the transportation to and from. The cruise takes you snorkeling in two locations, first at an underwater marine park with a shipwreck and coral reef, and second at the islands friendly sea turtles.

On booking we ask that you fax or e-mail a Visa or MasterCard number with the expiry date and the name on the card to (246) 421-7582 or Reply to this E-Mail with the information. A 25% Deposit is taken on Booking and the balance is due on the day of the cruise. Once we have received the booking we will e-mail you with confirmation and pick up instructions."

"Hi there,

Our rates for our 5 hour lunch snorkel cruises is $65.00 U.S. per person. Transpor is a seperate charge of $5.00 U.S. per adult which is paid to the driver upon arrival at the office.

Many thanks for choosing Heatwave and look forward to confirming your reservation.

Suzanne"

"Our daily 5 hour snorkel lunch cruises are from 9:30am to 2:30pm. The

cruise includes a bajan buffet lunch, unlimited drinks, 2 snorkeling stops;

one with a family of sea turtles and another on a shipwreck. We also make a

third stop where we anchor in a secluded bay where lunch is served onboard.

Snorkeling equipment is provided including inflatable snorkeling jackets.

The cost is $140.00 BDS ($70.00 USD) per adult and $70.00 BDS ($35.00 USD)

per child (4-12 years).

We would recommend that you get a taxi from the cruise ship terminal over to

our dock where we are located, you will need to let the taxi driver know

that you are sailing on the Cool Runnings Catamaran which is based in The

Careenage, Cavans Lane in Bridgetown (10 min. journey) We would reimburse you

the taxi fare upon your arrival at our boat and arrange return transportation for

you back to the cruise ship terminal after your sail with us. We would ask

that you be at Cool Runnings dockside no later than 9:00am please for check-in. Should you

have any problems you can contact us at Tel: 436 0911 or Cel: 262 7245 upon your arrival.

You may confirm your reservation via return email.

Thank you"

"We offer a 5 hour lunch cruise onboard our luxury catamaran “Silver

Moonâ€. The boat sails at 11am and returns to dock at 4pm. Two stops are

made for swimming & snorkeling, one with the sea turtles. This price is

US$90.00 per Adult & US$60.00 per Child (12 & under). Transportation,

drinks, a delicious lunch and snorkeling instruction and equipment are

included. For absolute comfort we cater to maximum of 12 guests.

We do not offer shared 3 Hour cruises however the boat may be chartered

privately for 3 Hours.

A 50% deposit is required when booking. Just ask for our confirmation

form, this I will send by email, fill in the required information and

return to us by fax.

Should you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact

us.

Kind Regards,

Emma Edwards

Ocean Adventures Inc.

Barbados, West Indies

Tel: 246 436 2088

Fax: 246 438 3650

website www.oceanadventures.bb"

Stiletto Catamaran:

"The cost of the three hour snorkel cruise is uS$50.00 per person this price

includes transportation to and from the hotel asw ell as a free open bar and

there are two snorkel stops, one with the turtles and one with the tropical

fish on the reef and wreck. The cruise is from 10am until 1pm. For

bookings you need to send a valid credit card number for confirmation a 15%

deposit is reqiured upon all bookings.

Looking forward to hearing from you"

I hope this information will be helpful to all interested.

Here is the info I received from Small Cats.

The price is $70.00US per person, this price includes transportation to and from the Barbados Cruise Terminal where your ship will be docked, snorkel gear, safety gear, a drinks bar (soft drinks, fruit punch, rum, rum punch, beer and fresh water) and a buffet menu (2 salads, 2 starches, chicken, fish and garlic bread).

This tour starts at 10:00AM and finishes at 3:00PM; you will snorkel with the sea turtles and at a Marine Park where there is a ship wreck and coral reef.

On booking we ask that you fax or e-mail a Visa or MasterCard number with the expiry date and the name on the card to (246) 421-7582 or

smallcats@sunbeach.net. A 25% Deposit is taken on Booking and the balance is due on the day of the cruise. Once we have received the

booking we will e-mail you with confirmation and pick up instructions.

My family of four did the Silver Moon catamaran in April and loved it.The boat is maybe one year old is in great condition. They take only 12 guest and cater to your every need.The crew was excellent and coudnt do enough for you. They charge a little more then the other catamaran boats but it is well worth it. The other boats cram the people on them until there's no more room,while you have the Silver Moon practically to you self.You will not be disappointed.

Hi

I took a cruise on Silver Moon in April and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a bit more expensive than the rest but the service we received, the fact that it was only 12 of us and the lunch was great really made it worth our while. The boat is definately luxurious and the crew really friendly. I can't say enough about it! I am heading back to Barbados for the crop over season and definately plan on doing this trip a couple more times! Highly recommended!

we took Tiami 2 years ago and had a ball. Don't remember what the price was then, but remember that it was much less than the cruiseship alternative and lasted about 2 hours longer. The boat was clean and the crew was excellent. Lunch was good, too. Check them out.

Rob

Celebrity Summit-04/04

Celebrity Galaxy-3/02

Carnavil Ecstasy- 01/01

RCL Nordic Empress- 4/00

Carnival Fantasy- 5/99

NCL Westward- 4/96

To cruisinfamilyof4:

I'm new here and new to cruising. Was just reading about shore excursions, and I see that we are both going on a June 2004 cruise on the Golden Princess! Have a wonderful time!

Best Wishes,

Breindel

• 2 years later...

Archived