Enchanted gardens in Ocho Rios?

Purplehaze21

Does anyone know if this excursion is still offered? My PVP is surprised

I can't find it listed under Carnival Excursions. I

keep checking, no luck. I was told by John Heald,

it may be offered from the Excursion Desk once we

board the ship.

Has anyone done this lately or has anyone who

sailed The Breeze recently see this excursion offered?

It's now called turtle river falls & gardens. No ship sponsored shore excursion as far as I know. Entry fee is $20 pp. it's about 1/2 mile from the Ocho rios cruise port.. Hire a taxi at the port. We may be doing this next week.. Heading on the breeze on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the breeze this morning. Went to turtle river falls & gardens (enchanted gardens). It was beautiful. To get there make sure to walk out of the port area.. Shuttles will not take you there. Wasted time trying to get them too.. Most told us we didn't want to go there or never heard of it. Bs! Get a taxi.. Or van. Great guy charged us $10 round trip. We called him early to come pick us up & came within 5 min. Pay when you get back to the port. $20 entry fee into the gardens.. Peaceful.. No crowds..

Just off the breeze this morning. Went to turtle river falls & gardens (enchanted gardens). It was beautiful. To get there make sure to walk out of the port area.. Shuttles will not take you there. Wasted time trying to get them too.. Most told us we didn't want to go there or never heard of it. Bs! Get a taxi.. Or van. Great guy charged us $10 round trip. We called him early to come pick us up & came within 5 min. Pay when you get back to the port. $20 entry fee into the gardens.. Peaceful.. No crowds..

Did you feel safe before during and after visit?

Yes you can walk there but for $10 pp round trip I wouldn't walk it. Gorge entrance is uphill & it's hot & humid. Someone in our group walked it. 2 people clinged to them when they were walking trying to show the way then expected a tip. Not worth it to me. It's about a 15 min walk & 3 min cab.

Were there falls to climb or do we have to face the masses at DRFs to do that?

There were many areas you can enter to climb several falls. There were only about 15 of us there at the time. I'd pick this your over Dunn river any day! It was private, peaceful & relaxing. Since it isn't cruiseships sponsored there are -0- crowds. Just make sure to leave the port area to find a taxi. The taxi shuttles inside the port area will only take you to the large tourist areas. :( we felt totally safe doing this!

Go & enjoy!

Sue

• 2 years later...
There were many areas you can enter to climb several falls. There were only about 15 of us there at the time. I'd pick this your over Dunn river any day! It was private, peaceful & relaxing. Since it isn't cruiseships sponsored there are -0- crowds. Just make sure to leave the port area to find a taxi. The taxi shuttles inside the port area will only take you to the large tourist areas. :( we felt totally safe doing this!

Go & enjoy!

Sue

This is exactly where we want to go! Is the aviary within the gardens?

Thank you!