Older of the fleet vs. Newer and Bigger of the fleet...

KPfromCT

Question for you......

I have been reading alot of reviews lately of the Fascination, Ecstasy, Sensation, and looking at the pictures, I love the way the Lido is set up and seems larger. I just can't seem to get past the fact they don't, and probably won't get some of the better 2.0 upgrades, ie; Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana. Also, they don't do longer runs, just 4-5 days. What do you all think? Older is better, or new? I am really wanting to try one of the older/smaller ones. Only one I have been on is the Sensation, but it was back in 1994. At that time, it WAS one of their biggest:rolleyes:

We have only been on the Destiny/Conquest/Dream classes. But, we will never go on the Dream class again. It had way too many people on it for the amount of public areas. We'll stick with the Conquest class. It's just right for us. The upgrades don't mean anything to us.

All about the smaller ships, 1800 passangers or less. We sailed the Dream in Nov and was lost in the shuffle - just heards of ppl. Seems there wasn't enough staff to meet needs. Last time on one that size!! Smaller ships you see the same ppl over & over again more of a "home" feeling.

We have only been on the Destiny/Conquest/Dream classes. But, we will never go on the Dream class again. It had way too many people on it for the amount of public areas. We'll stick with the Conquest class. It's just right for us. The upgrades don't mean anything to us.

Maybe a dumb question, which ships are the Conquest class ships, we love the Destiny class and the Spirit class. I dont think I would ever go on the Dream class way to many people.

Question for you......

I have been reading alot of reviews lately of the Fascination, Ecstasy, Sensation, and looking at the pictures, I love the way the Lido is set up and seems larger. I just can't seem to get past the fact they don't, and probably won't get some of the better 2.0 upgrades, ie; Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana. Also, they don't do longer runs, just 4-5 days. What do you all think? Older is better, or new? I am really wanting to try one of the older/smaller ones. Only one I have been on is the Sensation, but it was back in 1994. At that time, it WAS one of their biggest:rolleyes:

Both offer entirely different cruise experiences. Face it, you'll have to break down and try BOTH to judge for yourself. :D

We've been on the biggest...Dream twice and Breeze, and the smallest (I think) Elation....been on mid-size too. Enjoyed them all, different experiences on each.

Personal preference, probably the smaller size, at least in the warmer months, mainly because the bigger ships do not have enough pools for the number of people on board. On the other hand, the Dream class has the lanai area, which I love!

How could people prefer dumpy old ships? That is why they cost half the price and do the shorter routes.

I actually liked the Fascination and Legend over the Dream. I didn't think they felt dumpy or old. There were less people and the Lido deck wasn't as crowded.

In fact, I was surprised at how much wear and tear the Dream was already showing for being a younger ship...

We prefer the newer and bigger ships going on 7-8 day cruises.

I'm with Stu on this one. We've been on several cruises and I've found after sailing the larger Dream and Splendor I actually prefer the larger more to see and do cruises. I never thought I'd say it but I actually enjoyed having more options available. I think Carnival tends to focus their better entertainment towards their bigger ships as well. I'm looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Breeze!

How could people prefer dumpy old ships? That is why they cost half the price and do the shorter routes.

"Dumpy Old ships"? Old? yes. dumpy? No. The older ships of the Carnival fleet offer excellent vacations especially for the price. A cruise is what you make it.

I believe that each ship has their own personality and should be enjoyed for that reason.

Having sailed the Fantasy, the Victory and the Conquest, I can say that each ship held a charm that was unique to it.

Old, does not mean dumpy, just means it has more experience and has lived longer, both of which can add character.

Maybe a dumb question, which ships are the Conquest class ships, we love the Destiny class and the Spirit class. I dont think I would ever go on the Dream class way to many people.

Conquest, Valor, Liberty, Glory and Freedom. This is my favorite class, but I have only been Imagination, Conquest and Valor so I do not have that much basis to compare.

You guys are the BEST!!!!! I guess I'll have to try a smaller ship for myself, and see if I like it. Just love the look of the lido with the palm trees, etc. wish they did 7-8 day cruises. :D. Thank you ALL for your feedback!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's really all about your preconceptions for each cruise. We were on the Holiday which was the oldest and about to be decommissioned. But we new that going in and had a great time. We prefer the Conquest class -- Destiny, Triumph, Freedom. It feels right for us. But always do research on the ships, learn the pros & cons and go with an open mind. Just like life, it's all what you make it to be.

It's really all about your preconceptions for each cruise. We were on the Holiday which was the oldest and about to be decommissioned. But we new that going in and had a great time. We prefer the Conquest class -- Destiny, Triumph, Freedom. It feels right for us. But always do research on the ships, learn the pros & cons and go with an open mind. Just like life, it's all what you make it to be.

For the record, the Destiny and Triumph are actually not considered Conquest class ships. =)

You guys are the BEST!!!!! I guess I'll have to try a smaller ship for myself, and see if I like it. Just love the look of the lido with the palm trees, etc. wish they did 7-8 day cruises. :D. Thank you ALL for your feedback!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're going on a 7 day in August on the Fantasy! First time on a smaller ship. At first I was worried about how I'd feel after already having been on the Triumph, but I've read plenty of great reviews on here about Fantasy class. As others have said, it's a great vacation at a great price!

Archived