Older of the fleet vs. Newer and Bigger of the fleet...

KPfromCT

Question for you......

I have been reading alot of reviews lately of the Fascination, Ecstasy, Sensation, and looking at the pictures, I love the way the Lido is set up and seems larger. I just can't seem to get past the fact they don't, and probably won't get some of the better 2.0 upgrades, ie; Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana. Also, they don't do longer runs, just 4-5 days. What do you all think? Older is better, or new? I am really wanting to try one of the older/smaller ones. Only one I have been on is the Sensation, but it was back in 1994. At that time, it WAS one of their biggest:rolleyes:

Try it you will like it. We were on the Fantasy last November & liked it so much we are booked again for next month. All the ships I have been on have been less than 90,000 tons & I had a great time on every one. For me 2600 passengers seems better than 6000.

You guys are the BEST!!!!! I guess I'll have to try a smaller ship for myself, and see if I like it. Just love the look of the lido with the palm trees, etc. wish they did 7-8 day cruises. :D. Thank you ALL for your feedback!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should definitely try a smaller ship. We did the Fascination last year and hate the 5 day itinerary because it is so short so to make up for it we did a b2b, turned it into a 10 day cruise.:D

The Fascination is an awesome ship. Personally I prefer it over the Breeze for the crew. They just seem so much more friendly where as the crew on the Breeze that I encountered did not seem to care about the ship or passengers as much as the crew on the Fascination.

Love the layout of the smaller ships but then miss other things that the big ships have such as Capucina del Capitano, the hot tubs on Deck 5 of the Breeze, the amount of lounge chairs that the Breeze has, etc.

You really should try it yourself to find out.

I have been on Valor, Liberty and Breeze, and the only time I left the cruise actually wanting to cruise again was when I left the Breeze. I must like being lost in the shuffle, because I got a little tired of seeing the same people and things the whole week on the others.

I left the Breeze feeling like I could sail on her four more times and still not see or do everything. That's what keeps it interesting for me when you have days at sea.

We were on the Fantasy just a few months after a 12 day on the Breeze. Was not sure how we would like the smaller boat but we both liked the smaller crowd and the layout of the Fantasy class. We did the Sensation last Oct. and had a great cruise on it. While they are older they are still in great shape and offer a different experience than the bigger boats.

Archived