Deluxe Cabana on CoCo Cay?

cjdixon4

Would really love to hear from anyone who has taken advantage of the Deluxe Cabana on the CoCo Cay Bahamas stop. It looks really good and I'd like to treat my hubby when we do the Enchantment in May, but I really wonder if the $200 cost is worth it.

What's included is:

- Private ocean view cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs & a sofa

- Amenities include a deluxe lunch buffet, beach towels, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment

We don't snorkel, but the rest sounds pretty fun and relaxing. OK I know someone has used the cabana, so let's hear it...;)

• 4 weeks later...

A friend and I went on a quick girls weekend last June that went to Cococay and we rented one of these cabanas. We really enjoyed it so for us it was worth the money. They were relatively new at that point so most of the cabanas by us were empty and it was very quiet in the cabana area.

When we checked in at the cabana area, they walked us to our cabana and gave us towels. Shortly after that they brought us a cooler with our waters and a bottle of champagne. Then a fruit plate came about an hour later, which was really good! Since we didn't have many people in the cabana area, the lunch buffet was really nice cause it seemed like we had it to ourselves! They made steaks, chicken, shrimp, and something else on the grill that I can't remember. Also had the normal salads, rolls, beans, drinks and desserts. Only down side was that the water is farther away than it is in Labadee but we just ended up sunning all day anyways.

I would book a cabana again if I go back to CocoCay.

The cabanas are very worth it. If you plan on spending the whole day on the island, it's a great place to relax . Try the snorkeling right outside your cabana..it's alot of fun !

When we make it back that way will definately get another.

We rented a Cabana this past January. As another person posted, they are away from the water but the walk is not bad.

It is very relaxing. We did not receive champagne or fruit plate. We did receive 4 bottles of water - no cooler - so they were warm.

A coupon was given for the mats and snorkel equipment - you had to go get it. There were 6 of us and they would only give us mats for 2.

There is a bar in the Cabana area, very close and convenient - but for those of you who have been to Labadee, do not expect any "service" There are no attendants. We did get walked to our Cabana.

Our view was great and we would definately do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a deluxe cabana on cococay just last week and it was SO SO worth it for us! We chose one in the "front row" - cabana #6 and we got a cooler with lots of ice, 4 large waters, a bottle of champagne & a fruit plate. The cabana area also has its own bar and of course its own buffet. I'll try to post some photos. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0157.jpgDSCN0148.jpg

These are the cabanas that were behind us:

DSCN0162.jpg

a>

Island Oasis - the cabana bar:

DSCN0164.jpg

Both of these below photos are the view directly in front of the front row of cabanas - so you can see you're not right on the beach - but you have an amazing unobstructed view!

DSCN0156.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

Oooh thank you so much for posting the pics! So how far did you have to walk to get to the beach/swimming area?

How was the BBQ lunch? I heard there are extra things like shrimp skewers?

Any other info you can give I would love, thanks!

Oooh thank you so much for posting the pics! So how far did you have to walk to get to the beach/swimming area?

How was the BBQ lunch? I heard there are extra things like shrimp skewers?

Any other info you can give I would love, thanks!

The walk to the swimming area was maybe 5 minutes or less - its really very close. You walk out of the cabana area and to the left and the beach area is right there - you just have to walk thru the masses of loungers laid out for everyone. :)

The BBQ lunch was great and there was never a line since its only for the cabana folks. There's the regular burgers/hotdogs, coleslaw, potato salad, bbq chicken, really good ribs, bread, cookies...then you can get shrimp and chicken kabobs and steaks cooked to your liking.

The attendants came around a few times to collect our dishes for us during and after lunch...you can either eat at the tables set up by the buffet or bring it back to your cabana. I really recommend cabanas 5, 6 or 7 as they're in the front row and you have extra room on either side for loungers (there are plenty of loungers) - they're more private feeling.

Thanks for such beautiful pics...it gives me a far better idea of what the cabanas look like. Now that I've seen the photos, I think that I'm pretty much sold on reserving one when we board the ship.

Could you tell me where the bathrooms are in relation to the cabanas?

We were at CocoCay this past February and once again rented a cabana. They are newly upgraded and improved in addition to RCCL adding about 10 more then there originally were.

This will be the third time we rented a cabana and I can tell you the I would not even consider being on this island unless we spurged for this treat. It is wonderful and you will love every moment!

Try to rent cabana 1-5 so you are right on the water edge. The others are in further back and less private.

Enjoy!!!!!

Could you tell me where the bathrooms are in relation to the cabanas?

So...the bathrooms...there's a mens room right at the entrance to the Island Oasis Cabana area...the ladies room that I used and the closest one I saw was just a bit farther away - a minutes walk maybe - but I still feel like there might e one near that mens room...I just didn't get a chance to check it out further. I thought it was wierd that there would be a mens room so close and not a ladies room!

Does anyone know how far in advance you can reserve a cabana? We will be cruising on EOS in October, and definitely want one! Thank you!

We went to the Explorations Desk as soon as we got on the ship to put our names on a list. You can't reserve them in advance and I think Suite guests (higher than Junior Suite which we were in) get first preference.

Confused, is it 1-5 front row or 5,6,7 front row? I really want the closest to the water. Which front row cabana would be closest to the beach where you can swim?

1-7 are all in the front row - 1 being closest to the beach where you can swim. And 7 being at the far corner of the front row. I do feel like 5-7 are more private than 1-4 as they're more away from the entrance and the bar/buffet area...

DSCN0173.jpg

So in this photo...the first cabana in the picture on the right is ours -#6 - then 7 is the last one in the front row and then it curves around to the left where you can see 8 thru 13 or so...I didn't get any photos of the first few in the front row...

Your picture gives a better look at the cabana arrangement. So my next question would be whether the cabanas in the BACK are blocked in any way from a clear view of the water? If so, I'll have to pray that I can reserve a front cabana; the whole point for me is to be able to see a relaxing view of the beach...sans the crowds! ;)

I read that the cabana's in Labadee have fans, electrical outlets... do the cabana's at Coco Cay have them? I am thinking about getting one so my 3 year old isn't in the sun all day. What do you do with you items when you go to the water? Are there lockers or a secure place to keep items?

right next to the bar there is a small white building - the bathrooms are in there. You do not need to leave the private area.

This is a personal observation - #1-5 - the area where the couches are face the water and is private in that no one can look in at you. The cabana behind them or further from the water are completly open and you have no privacy at all! 1-5 also seemed to have more sun explosure while the ones in the "rear" had shade for most of the morning.

We have rented the cabana's on cococay 4 times and sun explosure has been the same each time.

Hope this helps!!!

right next to the bar there is a small white building - the bathrooms are in there. You do not need to leave the private area.

This is a personal observation - #1-5 - the area where the couches are face the water and is private in that no one can look in at you. The cabana behind them or further from the water are completly open and you have no privacy at all! 1-5 also seemed to have more sun explosure while the ones in the "rear" had shade for most of the morning.

We have rented the cabana's on cococay 4 times and sun explosure has been the same each time.

Hope this helps!!!

But I just want to also note that 6 & 7 are the same - facing the water - no one looking at you. :)

So there was a ladies room in that building? Darn I must not have looked closely enough!

Outlets & fans...nope - none at CocoCay.