Recent Mariner Cruisers, can you tell me the rule to bringing soda on board?

I know this question has been asked 1000 times by now, but was wondering if any of you took soda on board with you?

I'm a pepsi product person, "Diet" Mt. Dew in fact and I know that RCI only has Coke products.

So since we are flying in a day early I was going to take one of those fold up coolers and purchase a couple of 6 packs of Diet Dew at a quick market to take with us.

Has anyone had any promblems with carrying on a smaller cooler with a couple six packs of drinks?

Thanks so much in advance for you info.

Sherry

We checked a large duffle bag w/a case of water and a few boxes of Capri Suns and a six pack of Mountain Dew with no problem at all. When we got to our cabins, we asked the stateroom attendant to empty the fridges so that we could use them--no problems! The only rule is that you do not bring alcohol on board (they want you to buy theirs!):)

There is a Walmart (and several other stores) near the port that you can buy soda & water cheap!

These stores (walmart) aren't in walking distance are they? We are coming in on the buses (transfers) from the airport. Can you bring sodas in suitcases on airlines?

I don't remember any large stores within walking distance of the pier. We flew in a few days early, and had a car rental. I agree w/ the last poster, I would not risk bringing soda on the plane---too messy if it explodes, and too heavy to lug through the airport!

No problem with bringing anything, non-alcoholic on board. There are no stores within walking distance of the pier in Port Canaveral. Are you married to the idea of bus transfer, or could you get out of it? You should be able to get a one day rental car for under $40 at MCO and drop off nearby the pier. This would enable a grocery stop, too, and may be cheaper than your transfer. We have done it this way several times. Take a look at dcltribute.com for the rental car choices. I wouldn't even consider bringing it on the plane with all of the weight restrictions now, not to mention the potential mess. Good luck!

I wouldn't even think of trying to bring it on the plane, we're flying in a day early and will pick some us on the way to the pier.

Just wanted to make sure it was ok to take aboard the ship. We have done that on CCL, but this is my first RCI cruise.

Thanks,

Sherry

3 week from today and we will be getting ready to board the Mariner:) ;) Yeah!!!

We took one of the large "rolling coolers" and had bottled water, cokes, capri sun pouches as well as candy and snacks. It WAS heavy (probably 35 lbs!) but we drove to PC so it was not an issue for us. To get to Walmart in Cocoa Beach, take A1A to Ron Jon's and make a right. Go over the bridge and the Wal-mart is not too far past the hospital on the right. There is a Tony Roma's rib place just in front of it. It took be about 10 min to drive there from the Radisson.

DH had a 6 pack of beer in his carry on back pack! Went thru just fine!

We also had a small square cooler we kept in the room filled with ice to ice down the drinks. The frige dosen't keep them cold enough!

Have a great time on your cruise!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived