Adjustable armrests on ba flights

torty

Booked on BA scheduled flight to Barbados through P&O for forthcoming Caribbean cruise. Can anyone tell me if the armrests are adjustable in economy class on these flights as it appears that the seat width is less generous with BA than with the chartered flights P&O use. So it would be a big advantage to able to raise the armrest. No, I'm not fat, quite the reverse, but really don't like very narrow seats.

Hi there.

If you have a standard economy seat you can raise the arm rest and there will be nothing between you and the person next to you. If you are in world traveller plus or in the extra legroom seats in world traveller (economy) then the seats will most likely be fixed and your tray table will be in the arm next to you. I agree these seats are less than comfy, they are the same in premium on thomson/ Thomas cook. Not sure what would happen if you were wide or very tall and couldn't fit in these seats?! :o

Its not the width thats different, its the seat pitch, i.e. legroom. BA is 31", Thomson is 33". The armrests on BA do lift up from what I remember from my last BA flight, but it may depend on what type of plane.

Brian

Archived