Inspiration Owner's Suite

tootsiescurly

We've been platinum for a while and although we've never book suites on the 7 or longer night cruises (but we do book the higher category balconies), we have booked suites at least 7-8 times on the three night cruises. Wahhh....LOL

I really think that getting the upsell call is really the luck of the draw. (Thats what I'm going to keep telling myself so I don't feel neglected...LOL;))

Actually, this is the second time we got the call. They wanted too much money the first time. This time they wanted about 1/3.

We received a call from the up grade fairy this afternoon, offering us the owners suite on our Ecstasy cruise later this month. We booked two weeks ago in a balcony room. I did have to pass on the owners suite, I could not justify spending an additional $1750.00 for the four of us on something we would not be in all that much. I did however ask what she could offer us in a grand suite, for $500 we upgraded to that am think we will be very happy with the extra room!!:cool:

Your grand suite is a little less than what we paid to upgrade to the owner's suite.

There is more information than has been posted so far so I will add what I can. We have been booking one or both penthouses on multiple Fantasy class ships since 1995. They are not part of the booking system but are confirmed through corp. We have always used our regular agent and paid a specific premium over highest suite cost for that sailing. It has always been the same premium and is x percent of the two person total.

We wrote Bob D and asked to book them and received a nice personal reply with details. We always send a thank you following a trip even since retirement. They are not secret just corp controlled.

• 1 year later...

We just got an upsell email from Carnival for the OS. We're on the Inspiration to Baja for 4 days. We are currently in a Jr.Suite and this is our first cruise on Carnival. Waiting to hear back on the pricing. We may go for it, but not at the "normal" OS pricing structure. A regular suite is just fine for the amount of time you spend in it imho.

I would guess that an upsell email to the OS occurs if you book into a suite and they are having trouble filling the ship? Sure looks like a nice place to stay, but it would sure make your next several cruises feel cramped :D

While CCL suites are nice the recent article by CC does not list any Carnival suite on the list of the best at sea. USA this week published a photo list of their choices and no Carnival suite was chosen. Bottom line is Carnival suites are not up to par with what the "Suite Life" should be. Check out the above references and compare, no comparison. I know some may cost more so don't go there.

In fairness to Carnival, the Owners Suites on Fantasy-class ships are NOT part of the normal booking program, are "secret" (they do not appear on any deck plans) and were probably not considered in the evaluations for that CC article. The only way to book them is by calling Carnival directly, or by the occasional random upsell call.

Also, people followed us into our suites several times, because they thought we were part of the spa. So, we gave them tours :rolleyes: A total waste of money, but it was fun.

lol, that's funny.

Clearly, you should have charged a couple of bucks for each tour, and made back some of that money you spent on it. :D

Interesting.

Yesterday we had a message on voice mail from "Andrew" at Carnival, calling to let us know about some specials they had available and past guest promotions that we could take advantage of.

I wonder if I should call back. hmmm

We were in the Haven on the NCL Epic in November. The butler was no big deal. We didn't ask him for much other than an occaisional breakfast in the suite. The food in the Haven Club was about the same as the food on Carnival. The concierge was helpful for restaurant or show reservations but we made some prior to our trip. The concierge lied when he said he did not get an email pre-cruise about the Chef's Table. The master bathroom in th cabin was awesome, as were the pillow selections. The Haven pool was nice, as were the bars in the Haven. The upcharge restaurants on the Epic were mediocre at best. Moral of the story - Carnival has priced their suites properly. You don't get many perks but what you get is nice. We paid considerably more for the 2 bedroom suite on the Epic. It really was not worth the extra money.That being said, we are going to try Celebrity because from what everyone has said Celebrity suites are worth every penny!

we cruised in a "neptune suite" on HAL last summer, and while the layout of the room was similar to that of a carnival grand suite, the amenities blew it out of the water. and what we paid ended up being a little cheaper than what we normally pay for an OS on carnival, but we got an extraordinary deal.

our room stewards were top notch, never in any cruising experience have i had two gentlemen treat us better. and the neptune lounge and the concierge's were amazing and became fast friends. they were efficient, kind, and incredibly useful. the neptune lounge itself was also an incredible perk, coffee, hot chocolate, and tea along with a multitude of snacks all conveniently located. definitely worth checking out!!>

Well... It's a done deal. We just booked one of the OS suites for this cruise. Kind of have buyers remorse, but that shall pass too.lol I will be sure to upload pics or a vid. I DO have good info on the upsell process though: If nobody is booked in the OS, the sales team starts with the highest Grand Suite to make offers to and works their way down the ranks until they get a buyer. We were booked in a Jr.Suite... As far as upsell pricing goes, I was told that they slash the price "X" percent and that's the cost to book. There is no haggling on price on the OS (we tried real hard :D). The only problem I see in booking this suite, is the fact that my next several future cruise cabins will pale in comparison. :eek:

Well... It's a done deal. We just booked one of the OS suites for this cruise. Kind of have buyers remorse, but that shall pass too.lol I will be sure to upload pics or a vid.

Excellent!...especially since OS pics and vids are relatively rare due to their exclusive nature.

I DO have good info on the upsell process though: If nobody is booked in the OS, the sales team starts with the highest Grand Suite to make offers to and works their way down the ranks until they get a buyer. We were booked in a Jr.Suite... As far as upsell pricing goes, I was told that they slash the price "X" percent and that's the cost to book. There is no haggling on price on the OS (we tried real hard :D).

That is what's called "good intel." Makes perfect sense from Carnival's perspective, too.

The only problem I see in booking this suite, is the fact that my next several future cruise cabins will pale in comparison. :eek:

It will be VERY hard to beat the OS's indoor amenities on any Carnival ship. I'm not even sure if the square footage is posted anywhere.

An aft-wrap balcony would beat the OS's balcony, of course, but you sure wouldn't have as much room!

Edited by Pellaz

• 3 weeks later...
Well... It's a done deal. We just booked one of the OS suites for this cruise. Kind of have buyers remorse, but that shall pass too.lol I will be sure to upload pics or a vid. I DO have good info on the upsell process though: If nobody is booked in the OS, the sales team starts with the highest Grand Suite to make offers to and works their way down the ranks until they get a buyer. We were booked in a Jr.Suite... As far as upsell pricing goes, I was told that they slash the price "X" percent and that's the cost to book. There is no haggling on price on the OS (we tried real hard :D). The only problem I see in booking this suite, is the fact that my next several future cruise cabins will pale in comparison. :eek:

When are you cruising? Hoping I will get a call for the OS for our June 9 Inspiration cruise