Anyone been on the Adventure recently? Aruba question

We sailed the Brilliance this past January and they offered 2 Shore excursions for the Kukoo Kunuku Bar Hop Tour one with dinner and one without dinner. I was looking on the RCL site at the shore excursions and they offer the Kukoo Kunuku Bar Hop Dinner, but not the one that was without the dinner. Has anyone been on her recently that can tell me what the shore excurions offered were?

Thanks!!

We leave 3 months from today!

Hi,

We just sailed the AOS on that itinerary in March and booked the Kukoo Kunuku Bar Hop Tour without dinner. I just checked the RCL site, and it's still offered -- it's listed as Aruba Bar and Pub Crawl for $52. It was great! I highly recommend it! :)

Hi,

I gave the Compasses to a friend who was on the ship on May 1. I can see if she still has them. We didn't eat at Portofino's. We became very friendly with our waiter and loved him and the dining room so much that we really looked forward to dinner and didn't want to miss a night!

Our daughters (21 and 23) sing, so they really enjoyed Karaoke Nights. They were both finalists in the Karaoke Idol show which was a lot of fun. It was held in Studio B (the ice rink). We like hanging out at the Duck and Dog Pub in the Royal Promenade, or Schooner Bar, having pizza and or a sandwich or snack in the Cafe Promenade. The cookies are great! :) We ice skated one afternoon and did some inline skating. We had already seen the production shows on this ship so we skipped those this time, but definitely don't miss the ice show or Quest!!!! The Compass will tell you when to get tickets for the ice show (in front of Studio B).

In Aruba we went to Palm Beach and after dinner went on the Pub Crawl. We had already been to Aruba for a week two years ago so we didn't have any specific sightseeing to do here. In Curacao, we went to the Sea Aquarium, then to Breezes all-inclusive for a few hours, and then a little shopping before heading back to the ship. In St. Maarten we went to Orient Beach. It was Good Friday so most of the shops were closed. In St. Thomas, we went to Magen's Bay, then to lunch at Hard Rock and then did some shopping.

Talking about it makes me want to book another cruise! We are deciding whether to cruise or do an all inclusive in the fall! :)

Thanks for the info - we are cruising the AOS on December 4th - everything sounds great. We are arriving l day early and staying at the Hampton Inn. Any advise on getting back to the airport (taxi or RCCL bus) and how much time before flight time to be there?

Thanks

Conanc - Thanks for the info. Do you have any details on the Breezes All -Inclusive? We have never been to Curaco, so we don't know what to do.

I know what you mean about talking about past cruises! I feel like that everytime I give someone advise too!

Thanks for the info - we are cruising the AOS on December 4th - everything sounds great. We are arriving l day early and staying at the Hampton Inn. Any advise on getting back to the airport (taxi or RCCL bus) and how much time before flight time to be there?

Thanks

Cruise Wizard - We too are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites, so I will let you know how it was. I got a great rate of $129 for a King Suite with 2 free drinks! There is a lot in the area, if you need anything. A walgreen's is a few blocks from the hotel, there are a couple of fast food restuarants Burger King is right accross the street and there is an Outback there also. A little strip mall too.

It is about a 15 min taxi ride from Isla Verde area to the pier. The morning when you disembark, they announce flight numbers and that is how everyone gets off. They still have colored tags, but that is to identify your luggage in the terminal. Once they announce your flight you get off. You should be ok with a noon - 1PM flight. We have a 1 PM flight.

We sailed out of Puerto Rico in April 2003 on the Radiance, so please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi,

We had the last group assigned to us for debarkation which was fine with us because our flight was around 2:30 p.m. We met our waiter in the dining room for a leisurely breakfast and when he was finished with breakfast, he met us in the Lobby Bar for more pictures. It was nice and relaxing as they had the string quartet playing. We were one of the last to leave the ship and it was still somewhat chaotic outside trying to get a cab. You have to look for someone to flag one for you or you will be ignored. If you are flying American and you are on the "list" and booked with the ship, you can check your luggage at the pier and they'll take it to the airport. Not sure if this is also the case if you book a return transfer with the ship. I'd look into that option, and if so, I'd consider booking the return transfer with RCL.

The return cab to the airport was slightly more than it was from the airport to the pier. For 3 of us with 3 pieces of luggage and 3 backpacks, it was $17.50 not including tip. Not sure what time your return flight is, but I've heard that the airport is terrible on a Sunday, but by the time we got there at 11ish, it wasn't bad at all. Small line for boarding pass and no line at all for security. Our friends had a later flight and chose the walking tour of Old San Juan excursion through the cruiseline and liked it that they could do the tour and not worry about luggage and cabs. I think it was $38.00 and requires a flight departing 2:30 or later. There is also a Rainforest Tour for anyone with flights departing 5:30 or later. Tour people met in the Imperial Lounge at 8:30.

Hope this helps!

hardingk,

I believe that passes to Breezes are around $50pp. That includes food, drinks and non motorized watersports. It's about 15 min away and I think the cab was $10-$12 or so. Not sure if we were supposed to or not, but we hopped the Breezes shopping bus back to the shopping area near the pier and walked back to the so we got a free ride back. LOL. We had a nice time there and I have to say that the people that work at Breezes are very warm and friendly. It's a nice atmosphere. The food at the buffet was not very good though -- not sure if they had a bad day or if we are just spoiled. Some have posted that the grill food is OK. Unlike Aruba and St. Maarten, the beaches in Curacao aren't great. There is some coral glass so you may want to bring water shoes if you decide to go to a beach in Curacao. The main pool and swim up bar were nice. My daughters took a kayak out and had fun with that. They have activites all day and a circus trapeze and bunjy thing set up which is included. We weren't interested though. :)

Someone on this group was nice enough to post and mail me free passes to the Sea Aquarium which was just OK -- nothing fantastic. We didn't stay long as there isn't much to see, but the dolphin show was nice and the area is beautiful but I don't think I would go again and I am glad I didn't have to pay to get in. ;) We didn't have a lot of time for shopping and and were tired but that area is very nice. There were some good stores and some cafes and a farmers market. We walked from there over the floating bridge and back to the ship.

Curaco is very charming. It's supposed to be great for diving. You could do an island tour (once you get off the ship) for around $15 and get dropped off at the beach or shopping and walk back to the ship. Try an Amstel beer! They brew it on the island but I think they only offer brewery tours twice a week and it wasn't on the day we were there. ;)

Conanc~

My wife and I were on AOS the same week for our honeymoon. We also went on the Kukoo Kunuku. It was a blast exceot for my wide falling in the bathroom at dinner and twisting her ankle.

I would recomend it to anyone.

chotton,

Did you go on the Kukoo Kunuku Bar Hop Tour with dinner or without? We had a great time and met a couple on their honeymoon on our pub crawl. Our bus driver hit two parked cars that night! LOL. The streets of Aruba are very narrow for those buses :)

hardingk,

We made reservations beforehad but I am not sure if you need to:

http://www.superclubs.com/brand_breezes/resort_curacao/index.asp

Food and drinks from any of the bars including the swim up are included in the price. They will give you an all inclusive bracelet to wear for the day that shows you are a day guest.

Have fun!

We have done the Kuku pub crawl twice (have many pics if interested). Once with Brilliance and once with AOS. It was WAY too much fun. The second time I actually booked directly throught the Kuku folks and saved $$. It always starts out a bit slow but by the 3rd bar, WOO HOO Kanuku! And don't be afraid to get up on the bar at Wanna Beer (last bar before you stop off at Carlos and Charlies at the end).

Mark

mmourges@gfrlaw.com

Hi Mark,

There were people dancing on the bar on our pubcrawl that were having waaaaay too much fun. LOL.

We usually don't book that many excursions through the ship. We thought about saving money and not booking with the ship but for this excursion, but decided it would be a good chance to meet people from our ship. It was a good time. I would definitely go again!

Archived