New Surfside Beach Bar

sml3

Was there last week (against our wishes I might add). It was an OK beach, but rather loud with a DJ playing "techno" music all day. Beers were warm and expensive. Didn't eat but the food was pricey as well. If we go back to GC, we will press the issue with the driver to drop us at RP.

Was there last week (against our wishes I might add). It was an OK beach, but rather loud with a DJ playing "techno" music all day. Beers were warm and expensive. Didn't eat but the food was pricey as well. If we go back to GC, we will press the issue with the driver to drop us at RP.

Were you on the city bus? Last year when we wanted to go to RP the driver argued with us about it and we had to insist. She finally stopped and let us out. Thanks for your response. I think we will stick with RP again this time. Techno music doesn't sound relaxing to me! :)

I think RP is having quite a problem with taxis doing this. I spoke with someone there a few days ago, she specifically told me to use the small taxis and if there were any problems to get their name so she could report it to whoever she said. Curious, were you in a small taxi with just your party or alone? I never have liked those larger taxis and try and avoid them at all costs.

There were no small taxis available in the port area. The "dispatcher" that was directing everyone to taxis sent everyone to the appropriate van. The taxis were all small bus type vehicles. Someone else complained about waiting for the bus/van or whatever you call it to fill up. She was told by the dispatcher they could work something out, but she would have to wait (probably longer) for the smaller taxi to be called and arrive.

Wasn't very fond of the system they were using last week.

Archived