alaska and teens?

msmathteacher

Has anyone cruised Alaska with teens? Is anyone going with teens this summer? Is there much for teens to do? Thanks!

My daughter (16) and I will be on the Summit the 17th of June.

My daughter is 15 1/2 and she is bringing along her best friend who is the same age. We are sailing June 24 on Mercury...I think anytime you cruise in the summer you are going to find kids and teens, though AK cruises may have fewer teens than the Carib...my 17 1/2 year old son thinks Carib cruises are better...more girls in bikinis!!! We're going to Alaska...enough said!

Has anyone cruised Alaska with teens? Is anyone going with teens this summer? Is there much for teens to do? Thanks!

Yes on all accounts here. My son choose an Alaskan cruise as his graduation gift and spent his 18th birthday in Juneau last year. We are returning this Sept. 09 on the Summit. This will be his 4th cruise in one year. He loves it. He was only eligible for the teen program on that first cruise as the age limit is 17 or younger, but he has never had any problem finding other teens to "hang" with. Some of them he has kept in contact with thru text messages and emails. I don't know if you have boys or girls but he always goes up to the basketball court on the first night and there is always some teens up there and he is able to make friends quickly. He is an only child so he does not have the added benefit that sibblings have in that they can hang with each other. He has always buddy'd up quick. Also, in Alaska there is usually a fair amount of in port time so he is with me then and hangs out with the other teens after dinner or on sea days. Hope this helps!

My daughter (16) and I will be on the Summit the 17th of June.

And we will also be on the Summit on the 17th with a 16 yr old girl (17 at the end of our trip!) and a 13 yr old boy. We are from the Houston area abatlin.

And we will also be on the Summit on the 17th with a 16 yr old girl (17 at the end of our trip!) and a 13 yr old boy. We are from the Houston area abatlin.

We are from Austin...would love to get the girls together. We will be in cabin 8049...our email address is abatlin@austin.rr.com

we cruised to Alaska with my nephew who wasn't quiet a teenager, 12 at the time, and there were plenty of things to do. he joined one of the kids groups and there were activities. also, he very much enjoyed the shore excursions, much more interesting in Alaska than in Europe for a youngster, which included two fishing trips.

also cruised with a big group two years ago to Bermuda, the group included teenage girls, 14-16, and they enjoyed the shipboard activities including the pool, spent some time in the disco, and on shore enjoyed the beaches.

• 2 weeks later...

We at the Summit 7/22/05 Alaska Southbound Seward to Vancouver are still looking for you. if you re-read our posts, there is one family with us that has 3 teenagers (if you want to find their posts, look up firsttimealaska). another in our group is traveling with his daughter, but he did not say how old she is (he is adamsfamily). One of our group, party of 8 had to cancel, so we are only 23 right now and trying to find other people that will be sailing with us. Please post again at our roll call so we know what you've decided to do. Phyllis

Guest enjoycruises

We came back this last Sunday from the 6/12-6/19 sailing of the Serenade of the Seas. My 15 yr old son had a great time off and on the ship. there were plenty of teens on board to hang aroundwith. The only time he complained or was bored was in Ketchikan when we were walking through the shops.

Archived