Winter or spring jacket?

Lainey Elizabeth

Layer, layer, layer. If it's hot you can take some off, but if it's cold you'll be glad you did. I wear a long-sleeved t-shirt, a fleece vest, and a rain jacket and take a fleece jacket in my pack just in case. Gloves come in handy, and a baseball hat is also useful in any weather.

I picked up a water resistant jacket with fleece lining. Don't know if it would be considered a spring jacket, but here in NC, it will be perfect all winter. It was cold only at the Hubbard Glacier and between the jacket and fleece vest and t-shirt, I was fine. I also used the scarf I knitted last winter around my head and tied around my neck and gloves. The day we got off I also used the water resistant jacket, but really didn't need it other than that. Oh yes, I also used it in Juneau since there was a light rain. It must have been perfect because I didn't get hot either!

I found my normal daily outfit was the fleece vest and t-shirts. I don't normally wear t-shirts much at home, so now I have several from Alaska. And of course the well used phrase...layer-layer-layer is a must! In Fairbanks we sat out on the deck w/shorts in beautiful sunshine. I still can't get over the beautiful blue sky at midnight!

Archived