Millenium "Countryside by Bicycle & Hoi An" Tour

mjbc

I took this exact tour in December from the Millennium. It was a lot of fun and would do it again. They told me we would ride for 5 miles. I estimate that it was about 2 miles flat and scenic. We were bused for about an hour to pick up the bikes. They are not the best. In OK repair but not good. No helmets. The bike guys will adjust the seat height for you but not handle bars. You follow the tour guide in a long single file line on a paved path in the countryside. We made short stops at a pre school (really fun) and a private home on the way to Hoi An. We dropped off the bikes there and followed the tour guide for about 15 minutes to a restaurant for lunch. He pointed out things to us on the way to the restaurant but we did not have time to stop and really see anything. The lunch was very good but took a long time. We were told to meet at the bus at about 2pm which, if we stayed for the entire lunch would have given us only about 10 minutes to look around the town so I left before the dessert and had about 30 minutes to walk through the town. It is a cute town and would have like to see more of it but I REALLY like the bike ride and am glad I did the tour. On the way back to the ship the bus stopped for about 15 minutes at China Beach so we could watch the fishermen repairing the nets, etc. We also made a stop at the marble factory store which was a waste of time. All in all it was a pretty good value since it included the transportation, short tour, bike ride, school and home stop and really good lunch and stop at China Beach. I do believe a good time was had by all.

Thanks for all the information. It sounds fun, although the biking part seems a bit short.

Do you think a helmet is necessary? If so we'll bring our own although it takes up luggage room; there are two kids coming along ages 10 & 14, who are not allowed to bike locally without helmets. Is there much (motor vehicle) traffic on the road that you are biking on?

Thanks again,

• 2 years later...