Red Sea Magic March

Another question- is it best to book excursions before you board?

I would say 'Yes' for a number of reasons:-

- if the trip is a 'Limited Availability' i.e. they can only take a maximum number e.g. a submarine trip where numbers are dictated by what the boat can carry - then it will be a 'first come first served' basis so by booking ahead you can secure a place on the trip before everyone starts to book on board

- you can cancel up to 24 hours before the trio goes if for example at the Port Showcase you decide it's not for you or you see a different trip which you prefer

- paying up-front means you can forget the big excursions bill mounting up when on board (I know it's psychological as you pay one way or another but we do like to pay as much as possible in advance).

- I'm not certain about this as I haven't had first hand experience but have read from other CCers that some trips are slightly cheaper booked on-line

- if you do book on-line though pay by Debit card if possible as there is a 2.5% charge on Credit cards.

Hope that helps.

-

I am going to do that one myself sanmarco, long day but looks fantastic. I am going to be booking all 5 of mine in advance and as kruzseeka says you can cancel with 24 hours notice and I believe its 10% chepear online.

I am going to do that one myself sanmarco, long day but looks fantastic. I am going to be booking all 5 of mine in advance and as kruzseeka says you can cancel with 24 hours notice and I believe its 10% chepear online.

Why do you think it's cheaper online to pre-book excursions? I don't think it was last year when we booked ours - is this new or is it a special offer at the moment?

Must be a special to quote the website.

"Winter 2012 / 2013 tours are now on sale – save up to 10% when booking online for our winter tours only.

These savings are based against the price you’ll pay onboard for the same tour. The 10% saving applies to selected winter tours only which operate from 09/11/2012 to 30/04/2013."

when we did the red sea magic three years ago, we prebooked the following trips as we'd never been to this area and didn't think we'd go back.a bit expensive but worth every penny;

1, Jeep trip, aquaba...a bit bumpy and you have to be able to hop out of a truck,but great fun.

2, Petra; will be a bit busier than it was for Indiana Jones.loved it.

3,Cairo museum and pyramids; take heed of thomson advice re hawkers/police around pyramids.tutankhamun treasure awesome.

4,Overnight trip to Luxor; a bit dearer but more relaxing than the one-day trip.We were put up in a 5 star hotel with fab views of the nile sunset and dawn.

Hope you all have a lovely time.

Archived