When is a good time for husband and wife?

thefog

After taking the kids on shore excursions (Ages 14 and 10) and sitting by the pool, we're always interupted on how bored they are and then after supper on how bored they are. What is the simple solution of my wife and I to have a few hours together to dance the night away without any more disruptions. Afterall, it's our vacation too! Any suggestions.:confused:

Leave them home?

I have had the same happen to me in the past, but then have to remind myself they are kids. And they need constant activities or they literally DIE of boredom (or so they claim). In the end I just do what they want to do, and promise myself my time will come..

smilie_home.gif

If they're typical 10 and 14 year olds, you could just tell them that you need to be alone so you can make mad monkey love to each other. The kids will be so grossed out at the thought, they won't want to be anywhere near you.

Guest cruzr44
If they're typical 10 and 14 year olds, you could just tell them that you need to be alone so you can make mad monkey love to each other. The kids will be so grossed out at the thought, they won't want to be anywhere near you.

LOL Too funny!! (but true)

LOL ROTFLMAO........ I posted the "do not disturb" my kid thought it was the cabin stewert in cleaning... LOL

Seriously Camp Carnival!!!!!! Or stay in the room untill we get home.. My son 11 had no problem with us going out and him staying in the room watching TV. Let them know they can order room service and have there own party.. He loved this idea!!! Also do the roll call boards and find folks before you cruise... My DS was e-mailing kids before the cruise even started!!!! Have them meet other kids onboard... Camp Carnival first night is like a meet and greet for the kids!!!

Book a cruise during the time when kids will be traveling.. Like April when our Group Cruise is going (sorry shameless plug).. We also used two way radios adn gave them an allowence for the arcade.. I still had bedtimes for him if he could not find anything to do for the night!!! He found things to do other than going to bed at 9 or 10... Bottom line I told my DS,,, if you are going to tell me your going to be board then we will leave you with grandma while we cruise... Only heard it once the whole week!!!!

Good luck!!

If they won't stay in the room along or do Camp Carnival without whining, go without them. Tell them that since they were so bored last time, you figured they wouldn't enjoy another cruise. By the time you go on the cruise after that one, they will 1) be older, and 2) won't complain.

Archived