Mariner of the Seas 1/13/2013 PHOTO REVIEW

Tonight was the last production show featuring the MotS singers and dancers. They were all very good and really enjoyed the show. At the end, they did a tribute to John Williams, the creator of many orchestra productions for movies like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Superman. We saw that last year but it was still good to hear it again.

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

Waiters Singing for us

IMG_0939.JPG

Hi, we were also onthis sailing and just happened to be dining with the captain that night. Mysister is to the Captains right & I am next to her. Small world.

Tell me more about Maya Key someone.

I LOVE Roatan very much and we went to somewhere that I can't rmember the name right this minute and it was good, but the water was NOT like you had. We are snorkel fanatics now. We all 3 have under water cameras and it is so much fun to get back to the cabin and put them on the laptop and hear eaach other say--I didn't see that, I didn't see that, etc etc. It is a wonderful world down there, but I don't ever see myself becoming a scuba diver as it was hard enough to learn to snorkel because I am so claustrophobic. If you ever fo to the Southern Caribbean, be sure to snorkel--AWESOME.

Great review and pics. I am so glad we are not the only ones who take pictures of our food!!! This was our first time to eat at Giovannis and loved it, as well as Chops.

Hi, we were also onthis sailing and just happened to be dining with the captain that night. Mysister is to the Captains right & I am next to her. Small world.

Tell me more about Maya Key someone.

I LOVE Roatan very much and we went to somewhere that I can't rmember the name right this minute and it was good, but the water was NOT like you had. We are snorkel fanatics now. We all 3 have under water cameras and it is so much fun to get back to the cabin and put them on the laptop and hear eaach other say--I didn't see that, I didn't see that, etc etc. It is a wonderful world down there, but I don't ever see myself becoming a scuba diver as it was hard enough to learn to snorkel because I am so claustrophobic. If you ever fo to the Southern Caribbean, be sure to snorkel--AWESOME.

Great review and pics. I am so glad we are not the only ones who take pictures of our food!!! This was our first time to eat at Giovannis and loved it, as well as Chops.

Yes small world!!!

Maya Key was just so beautiful all the way around. Everything you saw in the pics is pretty much the island but it's set up beautifully and very clean. You can walk around it easily with half of it not even used (where the palm trees are where you can see the ship).

Since Roatan was the first time I had ever been snorkeling, I really don't have anything to compare it to but I would say it was nice. It's obviously not like you see on tv or anything but I found plenty to look at. My BIL had a waterproof camera but we had a hard time getting anything to focus. May have just been his camera but was probably some operator error as well. I agree I wouldn't want to scuba dive either. Too much work for me. We are looking to go to some of the St. islands in the south so I will keep that in mind thank you.

Thanks for the kind words. DW still likes Portofino's better, but I would never complain about either of them.

NIce to see your pictures. We were on the same cruise. I brought the camera, but didn't take even 1 picture, probably because we'd been to all the ports many, many times. We too were in a GS -1278. DH won't go in anything less on RCI as he got spoiled a few years back when I surprised him with the upgrade.

We'll be in 1278 in April. How did you like the cabin? I struggled a little bit with location, but ended up settling on that one because it was about half way between the sets of elevators, and it's under the dive shop which I thought might be a little quieter than being under the tile floors of the Solarium.

Hoping one of you who have been on Mariner since she was updated can answer a question for me... my hubby loves hanging out during the day in Viking Crown with a drink and a book. I know a diamond lounge was added there, but not sure about how it was added (is the whole thing now the DL? does it only take up part?) Any photos?

Hoping one of you who have been on Mariner since she was updated can answer a question for me... my hubby loves hanging out during the day in Viking Crown with a drink and a book. I know a diamond lounge was added there, but not sure about how it was added (is the whole thing now the DL? does it only take up part?) Any photos?

The general purpose Viking Crown area is the same size. They took away what used to be the 19th hole area for the DL.

Really enjoying your review and photos !! We will be on Mariner next month but on the Cozumel, Cayman and Jamaica route. After seeing Roatan, that will have to be on my next itinerary (if not the Bahamas - still a newbie at this cruisin' thing!!!). :D

Thanks for the review!

Do you remember how were the internet plans on the Mariner? I know they've been adding unlimited plans on some ships but I never heard whether the Mariner had those or not...I wanted to do a "live" review from our rep in May but I think it could only be possible if they offered the unlimited plan :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the review!

Do you remember how were the internet plans on the Mariner? I know they've been adding unlimited plans on some ships but I never heard whether the Mariner had those or not...I wanted to do a "live" review from our rep in May but I think it could only be possible if they offered the unlimited plan :rolleyes: :D

I honestly never looked. This gives us a chance to "unplug" as they say so we never even think about the internet. The most we do is check e-mails in Cozumel just because it's pretty cheap there.

If a "live" review is something of interest, I've heard that people sometimes write everything out and then just cut and paste it on the thread quickly to save time. Just a thought.

I honestly never looked. This gives us a chance to "unplug" as they say so we never even think about the internet. The most we do is check e-mails in Cozumel just because it's pretty cheap there.

If a "live" review is something of interest, I've heard that people sometimes write everything out and then just cut and paste it on the thread quickly to save time. Just a thought.

I understand, we also decided to "unplug" on our last weekend getaway and it was great! Since this is a 15 night, though, and possibly will become a 26 night :eek: cruise we will need it to talk to family (especially my sister and grandparents) back home, business, etc. so I'm guessing the unlimited would be the most suitable given the circumstances (and 10+ sea days :rolleyes: ). The copy/paste idea is great....we usually do it with emails but my main concern would be the skype calls and uploading pictures...I guess we'll find out sooner or later :p

Thanks though! :)

My husband and I are going on this route on the Mariner in March! I have questions about dinner and show times. What dinner seating were you in? Since you had kids I am guessing it was early?

We are considering switching the the earlier seating b/c we are from the west coast and I remember it being hard to get up for the ports last time. We don't want to miss out on the Love and Marriage or Adult comedy, so we just want to know if the early seating still works with those.

Also, which nights were the formal nights?

Love the review! Thanks

Archived