El Morro..in OSJ from 7am to 2pm

kuddles14

I understand that OSJ is an easy port to do on your own. Does anyone know about how far it is from the port to El Morro? I am very interested in seeing the fort. If we get off the ship early, what time does everything open, forts, stores etc. we also collect t shirts from the Hard Rocks, Senior Frogs, are there any of these establishments there? Any other suggestions of things to see or souvenirs to purchase that are specific to the area (ie. wood carvings, spices, etc.) thank you for your help.

I understand that OSJ is an easy port to do on your own. Does anyone know about how far it is from the port to El Morro? I am very interested in seeing the fort. If we get off the ship early, what time does everything open, forts, stores etc. we also collect t shirts from the Hard Rocks, Senior Frogs, are there any of these establishments there? Any other suggestions of things to see or souvenirs to purchase that are specific to the area (ie. wood carvings, spices, etc.) thank you for your help.

If you are docking in OSJ, you can easily walk-about 20 minutes--or hop on the free trolley which goes up to the entrance. Don't miss San Cristobal, either- we actually liked this one better. You see the top of it from the ship

Senor Frogs is right acoss the street from the port.

I understand that OSJ is an easy port to do on your own. Does anyone know about how far it is from the port to El Morro? I am very interested in seeing the fort. If we get off the ship early, what time does everything open, forts, stores etc.

Was just there yesterday. Our bus driver said the forts open 9 AM. If you get off early you can wander around and tour the old city including the city walls - a good tour is along Paseo de la Princessa to Paseo el Morro along the harbor and then back through the San Juan Gate, although the trail under the fort itself is blocked by a landslide. The advantage of doing your city-walking early is that it won't be as hot.

The other fort, San Cristobal, is also interesting. You can walk from El Morro along the city wall to the north. There's a cemetary just E of El Morro. It is recommended to stay out of La Perla, the residential area along the ocean between the forts.

Archived